cut the cable on every table I lose
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
It is a chaotic mix between her reaction to Sunjata's unspoken apology and Nate's soft flattery, one she struggles to control and claw into an appropriate shape that won't burn her throat when she speaks. She turns away from Sunjata, not knowing what to say to him. Cruelty would only make her out to be the jilted lover, and while part of that lingers some days she is proud not to have been crushed in his wake like so many others. Instead, she focuses on Nate. "You know just what to say to stroke a girl's ego," she laughs, glittering gaze calling him back to that night together and just how proficient he'd been in very, very different ways.

Her staunch refusal to look at the man beside her falters as his thumb sweeps over her knee, and she lets her fingertips caress over the back of his knuckles in silent apology for her own difficult nature. For their inability to ever come to real closure together. "Oh I'm sure he does, all the more reason to question what it is he wants." Hotaru has been tossed aside too many times before, the Launcelyn will have to prove himself if he has any hope of winning her over. Especially with such fervent supporters in Torchline, apparently. She's quite surprised by Nate's boldness, by Sunjata's sincerity, visage breaking with the rare wide eyes and parted lips that normally would be quite well-contained. Taken aback by their collective desire to have her here. It quickly resolves into a shy but chastising smile. "A boxing ring doesn't make a good home, and I don't make a habit of intruding on fresh lovebirds." Except on their wedding day, oops. Sorry Phoebe. (She's really not, but maybe faking it will bring her some good karma.)

Nate can be forgiven his curiosity, his bluntness, when she and Sunjata are so very blatant. Hotaru shrugs a shoulder slightly, only the barest hint of discomfort flitting across her face, there and gone. "I loved him for a time, in my own way. We fell into bed together at the very least. He means quite a lot to me, but he married Phoebe after I begged him not to, after I made myself quite vulnerable." There's no accusation in her tone this time, and just to make sure Sunjata doesn't retreat over his guilt she places her hand fully atop his and squeezes gently. "After the divorce he came and apologized and then moved to Torchline soon after. When I saw him again he and Maea were a good match, and I saw no point in revisiting something that had not come to fruition once before." Quite a clinical, neutral explanation, but it's the best she can do. Hotaru isn't going to throw her glass and cry over Sunjata hurting her, or feeling abandoned. "I still care a great deal, but it's merely platonic now. You don't have to worry." Her smile is weak, but she has to tack on that last little bit because she knows there's something between them, and she doesn't want Nate to feel the same competition she once had. "And I'll apologize for both of us, for doing that awful unspoken conversation thing people shouldn't do in polite company." She gives a slight snort at the idea that any of them are 'polite company', much less together, and she drowns it with the rest of the alcohol in her glass to preserve the sanctity of her emotions after spilling all that.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 04:44 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-20-2020, 06:23 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-21-2020, 07:09 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 07:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM