cut the cable on every table I lose
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
They tear her defenses down so easily. Perhaps if it was only one of them she'd be able to hold her composure, but Sunjata's teasing and the smug adornment on Nate's lips only draw the blush lower down her neck. She manages to click her tongue in playful chastisement at Nate despite the betrayal of the hue of her skin. "If I'm so bold as to say, it's probably just you," she teases back, politely allowing the two to share their own inside jokes and jibes. 'Politely' as if she isn't intentionally listening to anything else to avoid thinking about it. It's too easy to slip into the comfortable idea of the three of them, in some sort of arrangement. 'Together' seems too bold even for the privacy of her thoughts. Hotaru has to remind herself that she is not included in those warm gazes and proprietary touches, if only so she doesn't step over a line in a way that cannot be taken back.

Nate's admission makes it all the harder, and the flush that she had finally battled down returns for a second round, though this one is helpless and weak. So why did you? She wants to ask. You could have stayed. You could have asked for a thousand more nights and I would have given them to you for the chance to know you. Hotaru locks her teeth around the words and smiles instead. There is no point in musing over these girlish thoughts when already his friendship and closeness are on offer. It is merely greed at that point. And though she hopes she's reading his tone right, what little she can discern, she doesn't feel confident enough to say anything in response lest she moves in a wrongfooted fashion and ruins the comfortable atmosphere they have created.

Instead, she turns to Sunjata and gives a small, uncomfortable shrug of her shoulders, almost embarrassed. "It has...become more of a habit than anticipated." She will not lie to them, unashamed of her desire for sex and physicality, but they have both already verbally disproved of the man. For a good reason that she won't try and alter. But avoiding one difficult thread of conversation leads to this one, and so she directs her attention back around to Nate to avoid this one now. His offer makes her chest feel warm and airy, and it must show plainly on her face. "I'd like that. I may have to return to the Grounds for LongNight, but a vacation for the winter season wouldn't be amiss. I'm sure Haai and I can come to some sort of agreement," she laughs softly, thinking of ways to bribe the adorable creature.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 04:44 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-20-2020, 06:23 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 07:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-30-2020, 07:47 AM