cut the cable on every table I lose
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
This, at least, they can all agree upon. Their combined laughter as a trio seems to chase away the emptiness of the space. Not that they seem to even notice it with how they all bundle closer and closer as if there's no space to retreat. Perhaps if they tell themselves that, it will scrub away any anxiety they feel over how easy it feels to fall into one another. Propping each other up in an endless circle, sharing strength and joy as easily as the alcohol that flows past her lips as she drains the last of her glass.

Now Hotaru prides herself on her attentiveness, her sharp eyes and intellect. Admittedly neither of these come to her aid as Sunjata and Nate hold their own private, unspoken conversation. Never once thinking that they mean to invite her to their bed, having assumed they had some sort of guest bed so that she wouldn't intrude upon their hospitality. It doesn't hit her for quite some time, content to lick the rim of her glass of any remaining alcohol, casually seductive in a way that is as much armor to her as any leathers she could wear. Though Nate's implication alone is like smoke and sex and every other naughty, poetic idea she has considered or consumed. Assuming - correctly or incorrectly - that this is merely teasing, she lowers her lids to gaze up at him from beneath pale lashes, smirking slowly. "Sounds like you could keep me warm and occupied during Deepfrost." Gaze traversing between both men, including the pair of them. Unwilling to seem too attached to either, to insult or offend, to homewreck in any kind of way.

It's not until Sunjata mentions 'tonight', and Nate offers to carry her (had he noticed, then, the way she'd reacted last he'd done that?) that it dawns on her. Mouth parting and eyes widening just slightly, the only controlled part when the flush deepens down her neck. She's perhaps a bit close to tipsy, the alcohol stripping away her ability to conceal her reactions, but she has little to hide from either of them. Glancing between the two of them, Hotaru asks herself - can she handle this particular game? The burns she will have to risk in order to dance near their warmth? Is it worth it, to shove away her feelings and enjoy the physicality of it, clinging to the hope that one last night will be enough to stop her pining after them? All this trickles through her thoughts, but on the outside she smiles, foregoing any kind of sultry glance or smirk as she lifts her hands to place each one palm down on each man's thigh. Glancing between both arresting pairs of eyes. Nate's final offer, the thought of the empty cabana and the memory of the doctor's arms around her, only make the decision easier. "Then we'd better get on the road, huh? If you're certain." Both of them. Fingers gently squeeze down against their thighs in a parting touch as she gracefully slides from her seat, awaiting their lead. Trusting them with a heart she privately knows will be broken with the coming of the dawn, but at least for tonight she can chase away the ghost of want that haunts her with the warmth of their physical presence.
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
cut the cable on every table I lose - by Hotaru - 04-19-2020, 04:44 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 06:46 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-19-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-20-2020, 06:23 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 06:47 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 07:57 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-23-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: cut the cable on every table I lose - by Nate - 04-30-2020, 07:47 AM