a robot congress

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
the Voice
The Voice turned to look at Sam, her head shaking slightly to indicate he needn't apologize for speaking up. "The only thing I'm asking is that you decide as a family, Sam. Not not decide simply because you couldn't come to an agreement." She pointed out softly.

"And it's true that there are new faces among you, and should you decide to wait, that would be your prerogative. As for the strength of the monsters...never before have you collectively stood together. Not even more than just a few of you at a time. Together you are stronger than you know. It's what I've been trying to get you to see all along."

Listening to the remainder of what he had to say, the Voice frowned sadly. "You think that is what would happen? That neither you nor Wessex nor any of your older kin would be there to protect them?"
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I'm still undone, not quite young
"It seems I'm the only one to passionately disagree anyway, mother. Which is why I want to be heard." Sam put forward. He'd honestly been surprised that Wessex had stuck to her unanimous vote stance once he'd been the only one to go against the grain.

He honestly, and this was hard to admit for something The Voice said, but he wasn't convinced that they were strong enough together. Very few of them had any actual offensive capabilities and some of them had never even seen the monsters before, let alone thought of how to fight them. The doubt would be clear on his face even without him saying anything, but he couldn't bring himself to openly disagree with the Voice, not quite yet.

At least there was a question at the end, so he could feel more comfortable giving some kind of response, even if he knew it likely wasn't the one she'd want to hear. "I'd like to think I'd try, of course. I'm sure Wessex would. But she can't be everywhere, and I have two defensive upgrades and am not a skilled warrior. I'm..sorry, but I don't think we have the power for this now. I think we'd just be throwing ourselves to death. I might survive, but..Letha? Nate? Neron? I don't think they would."
Cross my heart, now I hope to die
SAM
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
The Wraith doesn’t bother to contain a fanged hiss in Sam’s direction as he says she would be okay with the sacrifice. Like fucking hell she is, and he knows full well almost everything she’s done has been to protect them. Even this, in a roundabout way. But having the Voice mediate this is just fucking embarassing.

“I prefer to let the others think for themselves,” she interjects flatly. “As is their right.” a brief pause, as both the Voice, Sam, and Neron have said something interesting and it bears investigating. “However. I should have asked more questions.” She turns and faces the group. “And I’m sorry for not doing that.” Half back to the Voice, and then half to her siblings, she continues. “We want to fight. That much is clear. If the option can stay on the table until next year, and we all agree, and if it’s not taking advantage of your generosity, Lady - a year to prepare wouldn’t be a bad thing.”

And they would forego the invisibility, take care of themselves for this LongNight, go to the other lands - whatever they need to do to be safe.

But there is no expectation that they'll agree with her, and she doesn't say any of the above with anything other than logic.
WESSEX
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
WISE MEN WONDER WHILE STRONG MEN DIE
Neron had watched the proceedings quietly, like a student soaking in everything there was to know about these new family dynamics, so to speak. The way the Voice treated them as a group; how Wessex was perceived as matron of the little gathering; the objections and shifts in mood throughout the crowd.

And as Wessex put the option on the table, the one he had queried, he finally found cause to speak up. "Should it be available next year," he said, speaking to the Wraith and the Voice both, "I will make it a priority to be in the Hollowed Grounds. I will fight."

Change author:
the Voice
The Voice listened soberly before speaking. Looking to Sam first, she nodded her understanding, but not necessarily her agreement. "And how did they vote? Letha, Nate, Neron?" She asked rhetorically. "Much as I appreciate your want to defend and protect your kin Samuel, you were all asked to gather so that no one would have to speak for the others. If you were the only one with such passionate disagreements, perhaps that in itself is an answer. Being a family does not always mean agreeing, but it does mean standing by one another, even should you find yourself in the minority."

Turning towards Wessex and Neron as they spoke up, the Voice considered. "Next year we shall again have this conversation and the same choices will be offered for you to decide upon." Her eyes roamed over the group, the implication clear; for you all to decide upon.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I'm still undone, not quite young
As Wessex hissed at him, Sam didn't even react fearfully, just baffled. He hadn't expected that - after that he kept his eyes forward towards their Goddess, waiting to hear her words on the matter; they would be final.

He sighed as The Voice spoke to him firmly but gently like a child and shrugged his acceptance with his head down, glad that she at least would prolong this decision until they had a better chance at the fight: all that really mattered was the safety of their family, after all. "Of course, no one has to follow what I say. I just give my thoughts." And I won't have them silenced, he thought with a bitter press of his lips.
Cross my heart, now I hope to die
SAM
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Laser beams we're about to awesome all your dreams
To say that she thinks Sam has missed the point of their Lady’s mild finger-wagging and tsking is to put it gently. What she can’t believe is how he hears everything else but that. The act of negating himself is nothing more than a cry for attention, asking for others to step up and say that he matters.

And to them, he might. To Wessex, not so much. She’s sick of his selfishness, his inability to (as she perceives it) stand up to the ones he ought to, the way he capitulates to their enemies without asking the right questions. And by Goddess, the time will come when he has to answer for those actions.

But enough of her thoughts on Sam; Wessex nods slowly in acceptance and gratitude. “Thank you, Lady” is directed towards the Voice, for allowing them the opportunity to do this again. She alone knows how much this means to Wessex. And then to the family, she says without looking back, “Leave the Grounds for LongNight and be safe elsewhere. Please.” She doesn’t want to have to worry about them and the stupidity of others. “We’ll regroup in Flowerbirth.”

Which gives her time to draw up plans, training regiments… whatever they may need.
WESSEX

Change author:
the Voice
Whatever she might really think—disappointed, frustrated, understanding—is concealed well. Instead, she merely nods her acceptance of this. "Next year, then." She agrees. With a lingering look for those who have assembled, a bolt of light radiates out from her, touching each of them. They are replenished and fueled, and for a few moments, will be at peace with one another.

~FIN