Searching for Something
open
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
"Lonelier but not lonely? That is a contradiction." She stated, quite matter-of-factly. "How can you be lonelier without being lonely?" She understood how you could feel lonely in a crowd of people; she often did. But to be both not lonely and lonely at the same time...

He began to explain, and... "Metal... wagons?" She inquired, trying to piece together things she knew that sounded similar to what he was speaking of. "Did these cars use horses?" His world sounded very magical.

"Or uhm, electricity?" What else could make a metal wagon go? Perhaps they used slaves. "Or did you use slaves? Back home, the bloodfiends were 'essential' to the military, but treated terribly." And her husband had tried to correct that.
Let me make you smile, darling.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Then the stranger spoke, he said, do not fear
I come from a planet a long way from here
The concept of 'lonelier but not lonely' had seemed obvious to Josh and he had to be quiet for a second as he thought of how to explain it. "If you saw it as a scale from 1 to 100. Before I was at 70. Now I am at 50. But 'lonely' doesn't begin until 30." If Delphine didn't grasp that, he didn't know how else to get the idea across. He certainly missed speaking to people as much as he once had (even that had been minimal) but he had always been comfortable with his own company.

"Not wagons. Cars. No horses." He was about to try and speak further when Delphine mentioned electricity, something he had not expected her to know of. "Your world had electricity? How did it work?" Leaning in, he anticipated her answer with some excitement, eager to know about the physics of another dimension.
And I bring a message for mankind to hear
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
Delphine nodded slowly. She understood, a bit. She seemed to startle the man with her mention of electricity, and she shrugged. "Uhm, it only worked for light. But it was safer than candles..." She nodded slowly, as if that made the most sense. She didn't realize it was strange for a world like she had described to learn about electricity.

Then again, there had been a lot about her world she had never known. "It's getting late, so I should probably go... I've got children at home," she murmured, almost apologetically.
Let me make you smile, darling.
Joshua Sheppard
Private Investigator

Age: 42 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Lancy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Then the stranger spoke, he said, do not fear
I come from a planet a long way from here
"Only for light." Josh replied, obviously pretty unimpressed: what kind of ignorant people invented electricity then only used it for illumination, when there were so many things it could do. Still, he couldn't help Delphine go back and fix it now, so he didn't go on to explain the many things that could be done with electricity.

After that she seemed keen to say her goodbyes: Josh wouldn't stop her, never having been a fan of unexpected conversations anyway and sure he'd learnt most of everything useful he could get from this encounter. "Right. Goodbye then." He said brusquely and walked on, not looking back.

{Fin}
And I bring a message for mankind to hear
JOSH
Base Code by Sky!