[SE] from an age long gone by
Saiden!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Destined to seek, destined to know
"You were like pirates!" she exclaimed, perking up a bit when the ship came into the story. She knew this would be a good tale. "What is a siren?" It wasn't a word she had heard before.

Her eyes glowed blue with delight at the ravishing description. "Daddy says that we can go on a boat soon, when Apopo is done being angry," she said, sounding quite eager. "Do you want to come too? Do you know a good boat?" She remembered Ronin saying that Saiden might be too busy, but it was worth asking.
I am a princess on the way to my throne
Destined to reign, destined to roam
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saiden winked at Seren once again. "Not like pirates. We were pirates." Unsurprisingly, he sounded quite proud of that fact. Smiling at her question, he spoke in a hushed tone. "They're legendary creatures. Supposedly, they sing a song so beautiful that it captures the mind, makes sailors jump ship." And made them drown, but he didn't want to mention that part. After seeing how she reacted to a dead worm, he had no desire to see how she reacted to dead people.

Nodding, he laughed. "I know lots of good boats." Then his expression softened. "But it sounds like your dad might want to spend some time alone with you. So maybe it's best if it's just the two of you?" He smiled a bit sadly now. "He's a good man. I know that. My sister wouldn't have been with him if he wasn't." Indeed, the Hali's tone was firm on that.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren
Oh that was right, he was a pirate, wasn't he. Seren almost forgot, because he never did anything piratey. Sunjata with his drink and smoke and fighting place had much more of that air about him. Not that anyone ever did anything interesting when she was there...

"They sound like mermaids," she mused, about the sirens. "Are they pretty like that too?"

Saiden's explanation made the girl's eyes widen in sudden understanding. "Oooh, I did not know that!" she breathed, and looked very happy indeed at the thought that her father wanted to be with only her. "He did not say it. But that would be very nice."

She leaned in against Saiden's side, nestling close with a weary yawn. "I can come visit only you when I am bigger, " she promised, feeling that she should divide the grace of her company evenly.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Shrugging, Saiden smiled. "No one knows. The sailors are either never able to reach them, or their minds are so clouded by the songs that their descriptions can't be trusted." Then he gave Seren a sly look. "I met a mermaid, by the way. She was very pretty."

Happy to see the joy on her face, he nodded at her declaration that she'd visit when she was older. "I'd like that." Then he ruffled her hair again. "But for now, I think it's time to get you back into bed. The mermaid will just have to wait for another day." He winked at her, then held out his pinky in a pinky promise.

Coding base by Sky!
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren
Seren considered this, and nodded. It might be an interesting adventure to have, one day. But for now, she really was very tired. Not even the revelation that Saiden had met a mermaid managed to induce much of a reaction. She had met one too, not too long ago, and one of these days they would have to talk about whether it was the same one...

"Okay. Thank you for the story." She smiled up at him and offered her uncle a hug. Then, the girl unceremoniously dropped her stones to the ground and began to climb down. She could have jumped, but was too weary to bother with the floaty weightless thing.

They could play with magic some other day.

----

- FIN