Chains of Command
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
"Hmm. Some do," he agreed, pausing to try and remember what he had seen in the past. "There was a beast the Voice created, one we called the 'Spire Demon' that was something like an Ascended, but utterly mad with sunlight-poisoning and neglect. It was vulnerable to lightning as well as fire, and that vulnerability might still apply to her more recent experiments." He gave a slight shrug. "I don't have the ability myself, though, so I haven't been able to test it."

Wessex's strengths were concerning, indeed, but with Deepfrost around the corner and LongNight at its end it was unlikely that even if sunlight were a deterrent to her that it would matter much in the coming months.

Her retort earned a tilt of his head in acknowledgment. "As you say, Captain. Though for some, the fight has already begun, and allies would be more than welcome."

The answer was indeed satisfactory, for it meant that there were plans. And he and Loren had often been forced to be circumspect when speaking within the Palace walls, for concern over who might be listening. "Of course," he murmured graciously. "But you are more than welcome to come visit the Grounds and the Atheneum, when your duties and the weather permit. Perhaps we could arrange a trade? Books on strategy and tactics, or military logistics, to fill out our collections? Halo's situation is unique, but it might be of interest for curiosity's sake to read about how war was waged on other worlds, from our collection of Outlander tales?"
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Hearing of the 'Spire Demon' and it's weaknesses gave Morgan some ideas of how to deal with the Ascended when the time came. "So...if we attack the Ascended with fire, we may have the advantage." She nodded, imagining herself breaching Neron's offices with a torch brandished in her hand, ready to do what had to be done. If it could be so simple, it would be a wonderful turn of fate.

Jigano's offer of strategy from other lands...if Morgan were a proud sort, she could have been offended: luckily she always tried to keep ego from her mind, knowing it tainted success. "That may be valuable. I will consider it - though with so much happening at the Citadel now, I do not know when I will next be able to leave. I must stay throughout Deepfrost..are you staying here with your people, if you have brought supplies?"

Morgan
Storm clouds abound in the land of my heart
And the war-cries fly from the company
But I have seen no quarter, my love
In the gaping maw of the enemy

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Most of them, yes," he agreed, hoping she took to heart his warning about Wessex. She didn't seem the type to forget such information, not when it came to potential enemies though, and he would have to trust in her sharp strategic mind.

He hadn't said the Outlander tomes would be useful; that was why he'd pointed out that Halo was unique, and that such books might not be pertinent to the snowy region's particular situation. But inspiration could spark from the strangest places, and the best military minds never stopped learning.

"A woman named Kiada will be overseeing the refugees here," he explained. "She has our General's trust and is a strong, steady individual and a Guildleader in her own right." Indeed, she was held in fond regard for various reasons by most of the Council. "I have Healing abilities comparable to Loren's and will be needed in the Grounds to protect those who chose to stay." He paused, then added with a wry, humorless smile, "and I've fought the monsters there before. I have a great many more tricks up my sleeve this year that I hope will make a difference if they find a way inside." He bowed his head respectfully to the Captain, smile fading to solemnity. "And I thank you for the protection you and your guards will be providing my people who are sheltering here. I admit, we have no idea how brutal your Deepfrost will be and they will be relying on your guidance and defense against your lands dangers. If there's anything I can do to help before I leave, you have only to ask."
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Morgan smiled, a cold and malicious expression, as she imagined setting up a wall of flame around the Citadel. Perhaps that was a bit extreme, but she certainly was interested in experimenting with what fire could do against the Ascended.

"Kiada." She repeated, thinking it would be prudent for her to meet with this woman as soon as possible. That she had not come to help with the supplies seemed a little odd, but Morgan supposed she sounded busy. "What guild is it that she owns?" There were some guilds that were less impressive than others: she had seen in the Hollowed Grounds that some called a glorified sex club a 'guild', so the standards there were clearly lower.

Nodding her acknowledgement of his thanks, she stood up. "No, I am quite alright for the moment. Are you staying here for the night? There are a good number of decent inns by the Palace."

Morgan

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
That smile, the malice in it, gave Jigano a moment's pause about who he was allying with. Still, time would tell what sort of Captain Morgan was, and for now the need for allies was great enough for him to grant her more leeway.

"The Monster Hunters," he replied simply, though he decided not to mention that he hadn't heard of the Guild doing much since Kiada had taken it over from Ronin. Kiada had a great deal on her soul with the weight of Ru'in's fate hanging over her head, and he wasn't going to push her grief and way of coping.

He rose as well, wryly thinking that Morgan's dismissal was as clear and abrupt as Neron's had been. Perhaps it was something in the (ice) water here? "My wings are strong enough to get me back to the portal before nightfall," he assured her. "But thank you for the recommendation. I'll look forward to trying Halovian hospitality myself when the passes open again."
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:

"Monster hunters...? Sounds...violent." Whether or not it was honourable depended on how much of a problem monsters were, she supposed: if they were hunting out the monsters it was a sport...if they were defending people then it was a service. "I'm surprised she is not staying in the Hollowed Grounds to fight the monsters you have there, then." Surely for a monster hunters guild, this would be the most profitable season.

She had always been efficient, abrupt. "Impressive. Good luck on your flight, then. ...I hope your next visit is under less stressful circumstance." With a nod, Morgan would go back into the palace unless Jigano had anything further to say.

Morgan

Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
"She has her reasons. One of which is that we asked her to help watch over our people here," he explained, trying not to repeat his earlier mistakes of being too open about the private business of others. "The Grounders know and respect her, and if there are internal disputes among our people she'll be able to handle them." One less thing for Morgan to have to worry about, or such was the plan.

He gave the captain a brief bow of farewell, lips quirking ruefully at her abrupt manner, but appreciating the efficiency of it. "I hope so as well. And if I can ever serve as your guide around the Hollowed Grounds it would be my pleasure. Until Flowerbirth, then."

She went her way and he went his, back out into the cold as he wrapped his cloak tightly around himself and braced to meet the frigid air outside the Palace once more.

{Finished}