[SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
Open
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
R
Korbin's confusion reminded Rance of the last time he'd told someone about what he was -- what he had been, before Caido. If he's had lips, it would have curled in annoyance. Not at Korbin, but at the situation that made him constantly rearrange his perception of himself and the truths he had to tell other people. This annoyance showed itself in a ruffling of his neck feathers as he replied, "Fuck, I forgot how confusin' that sounds. My family wasn't... human, on my world, but not wild ravens, either. I had the ability to change back and forth, from birth. So, like the attuned here, only I didn't... become this way." He croaked in further annoyance, then purposely flattened his feathers out. "Don't mean that as an insult or anythin'. I'm damned glad to meet another raven, no matter if you had feathers as a babe or not." But he was also well aware that, should Korbin want to take it that way, he could take it as an implication that the attuned were inferior. Then again, Rance's tone was relieved by the end.

Talking about other ravens nearby was easier than talking about the ones he'd left behind. And giving Korbin information about others like he and Rance was one small thing Rance could offer. He didn't know how well known the Loreseekers were or not amongst people not living in the Grounds, so he just bobbed his head in response to Korbin's reply.

He turned to follow the other raven's movement, ever aware of the candle, not just because feathers were incredibly flammable, but because a part of him was still thinking of his sister, especially with the mention of his family so recent. His head tilted at the color of Korbin's eyes, rare enough to mark him a bit of a magical creature.  "Lucky to have met you tonight, then." Which is when the pain and regret ached along the bond. Rance carefully took a step toward Korbin, blinking and tilting his head the other way. "Flowerbirth's, what, just a couple months away, right?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure - by Rance - 04-29-2020, 10:41 PM