[SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
Open
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
R
Rance hadn't expected to feel his sorrow reflected back and his feathers ruffled in surprise -- then flattened and faint embarrassment. While he might not be conscious of every emotion he was transmitting, his few experiences with other attuned had taught him that it happened and that he needed to pay attention. He tried to put a lid on his end of the bond while Korbin replied, though to what success only time would tell.

That control was tested when the younger raven asked to stay. To keep him company or just out of his ow desire to not be alone? No matter which one, Rance felt a little bit of his loneliness -- mostly unacknowledged,  though almost always present since arriving on Caido -- ease. "Yeah, that'd be nice. Usually I went home to my family for this, but well." He gave an avian shrug. "I did make a lantern for her. For the 'public spectacle', as you put it. But the person who taught me about them said the whole ceremony's not for everyone. What with the dead possibly comin' back to say hello." Distaste leaked through, regardless of his attempts to be conscious of what he was sending.

It was momentary, though, as he added, "Maybe the vigil'd be an easier way to go. To mourn with some damned privacy. If you or those you lost would appreciate that." There was no judgement, just an absent thought and a quiet suggestion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure - by Rance - 05-06-2020, 02:50 AM