[SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
Open
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
Leave my loneliness unbroken!
- quit the bust above my door!
Korbin waited quietly for a response, listening to the feelings that fluctuated and faded in the bond. He was good at keeping himself on a leash, of holding in and ignoring what passed from others. But sometimes he acknowledged that it made him cut off, and lonelier than he needed to be. It just felt so exposing, to keep flooding others with his thoughts and feelings. Like being caught with the pants down, or like a child selfishly begging for attention and comfort.

It felt better to save them for the people that mattered. The moments when it wouldn't hurt anyone.

"I'd prefer it. Doubt my family would mind either way." Granted permission to stay, Korbin settled in next to Rance, not so close as to be awkward, but companionably present all the same. He had no candle to light, but the single flame that slolwy consumed the blue wax seemed to express all he wanted to say all the same.

"May they burn brightly," he offered softly - a quiet prayer full of wistful longing for everything he could never have again.
Quoth the Raven,
"Nevermore."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]beyond the door there's peace I'm sure - by Korbin - 05-06-2020, 04:53 AM