Emptiness is safe, keep it that way
open
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
Leave my loneliness unbroken!
- quit the bust above my door!
And there it was. The rebound. The gut punch as the single, simple word spoke a truth Korbin really was quite aware of. Of course the guy wouldn't have anyone - how could he, when he'd been dropped here only days ago? - and it made that stirring in Korbin's gut more insistent.

Pity, it was. Compassion, even. Warm and soft and weak, and it brought all his fears flaring up to life. Fear of pain, of loss, of change, until the slivers of who and what he was had faded completely and nothing remained. The cold darkness seemed safer, like a cloak to sweep himself into. If he didn't feel he couldn't care, if he didn't care he wouldn't hurt when people inevitably left or died.

Oh, it was a vicious cycle. An endless repetition of negatives that brought him spiralling into the abbyss. Fear breeding anger, that bred self-loathing, that bred more fear as the things he tried to protect were brought further out of reach by his own actions.

"Sucks to be you," he replied coldly, desperately trying to smother the part of himself that wanted to soften to the pitiful creature. "Doesn't mean I have to keep you company. I don't owe you anything."

He didn't want friends, or need them. Didn't want anything new or different to intrude on his already fucked up life - it was bad enough as it was.
Quoth the Raven,
"Nevermore."

Messages In This Thread
Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Korbin - 04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Korbin - 05-01-2020, 05:33 AM