Emptiness is safe, keep it that way
open
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
My sharp, direct retort was enough to keep him lingering, keep him holding on, though I don't think he hardly knew it. He was lost as I, as adrift in emotions, though he guarded them well, just instead of smiles and kindly gestures, he let rancour and scorn be his puppet (or was he a puppet to them?)

As icy as my gaze came his reply, as he pushed against the empathic link our race shared, as he fought it and maintained a tremulous hold upon it. My own emotions had crept back within me, introverting, though instead of happiness and hope, I now allow my feline façade to rule, to stare simply, precisely, to not deviate, to only hold this raven, this bird, this boy in its glare and not release him until I've had yet another chance to respond, at least.

"You're right," I confirm, accepting his judgement, his malice and even his pity, knowing that at least some of them were true - I was but a pitiful creature, new and freshly placed in this land, pulled through against my will, with abilities thrust upon me that I am still learning, and here I sit before him, knowing all of that, and having the gall to ask for more.

"You owe me nothing, but you would have my thanks nonetheless." Perhaps it was a foolish errand, a gesture that would go unreturned, but I was a man (cat) of honest ideals and optimistic wiles - I could not not try, even if I resulted in failure.

And so I sat before him still, a quiet thrum of simple acceptance humming from me, detectable by him should he wish to hear it. I would accept what he had to say to me, even if he wished to retreat now - I would follow him no longer.

(Unless he asked, of course.)
Chulane
fridooh & whimzi @ deviantart

Messages In This Thread
Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Korbin - 04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Chulane - 05-01-2020, 06:29 AM