Emptiness is safe, keep it that way
open
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
CHULANE

I was ready to walk, ready to concede, to accept his final judgement, his rejection, and so when it did not come, I was surprised - pleasantly so. I had succeeded, triumphed over the stubbornness of a teenager!

Maybe I would grow to regret my persistence, but right now I was just happy, satisfied, to have changed his mind, and gained myself a companion for a meal. Though I estimated that the upcoming meal would be done in silence, at least on his part, I called this a small win.

A purr happily vibrated in my chest, my eyes squinting as they looked at the now-boy standing before me, a soft pulse of gratitude sent along with the single word: "Thanks."

I too find my human form again, rising to a height not-quite equal to him, and happily wander in the direction of the eatery. I choose someplace that would have a lot of people intentionally - I think that a place like the tavern or the Kraai would almost be too intimate, too confronting, and tensions were high enough.

But, I seemed to continually get things wrong in Korbin's eyes, so I doubted there was much I could do that would appease the boy.

I tuck my hands into my pockets and walk, a friendly smile on my lips, proving that one didn't necessarily need to be happy in order to seem happy, wondering all the while what was going to come of this afternoon venture.
The only true wisdom is in knowing
you know nothing

Messages In This Thread
Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Korbin - 04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Emptiness is safe, keep it that way - by Chulane - 05-02-2020, 06:31 AM