A Change of Pace
Selene Vanirion
Thief

Age: 29 | Height: | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 6 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Seraphina Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Oh there ain't no rest for the wicked,
Money don't grow on trees,
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed,
There ain't nothing in this world for free.
There was a momentary flash of confusion that passed over Selene's face at the man's words, 'What was she looking for in return'. What else would she be looking for, other than a hefty amount of gold coins? She quickly reasoned with herself, the port she landed in must have been one of those uncivilised ones far from the city, where they traded in goods, rather than coins. Odd, and a little tedious, but not entirely unworkable.

"A dress, perhaps two," she commented, her eyes flicking over the exquisite dresses hanging nearby, though her gaze quickly returned to the gem in the man's hands, not quite sure of his integrity just yet, "-and information."  

Selene moved from in front of the stall, her hands reaching out to gently trail down the dresses as she inspected each one, her fingers finally stopping on one particular gown, an exquisite shade of red, and tightly cinched at the waist, as was her preference. That would do if she needed to portray herself as a helpless noblewoman, in need of desperate assistance by some noble yet gullible knight.

With the dress taken down and folded over her arm, she abandoned the admittedly beautiful dresses, now focused on the various shirts and breeches that hadn't yet been taken back to the ship. It was all very well and good to look the part of a damsel in distress if there were gallant knights around, yet she hadn't seen such a man yet, so she would have to acquire quite a different disguise.

Her time spent perusing these clothes was far shorter, and she picked a bland white shirt, with a simple red waistcoat, and white breeches. It didn't need to be all that impressive; if she couldn't find a chivalrous knight, then she would have to make her own way, and it was far more intelligent to gallivant around masquerading as just another common man not worth another glance rather than a beautiful, and defenceless woman.

Carefully balancing the garments on her arm, she made her way back to the merchant, "I believe this is a fair deal." She leant one elbow on the wooden stall, her eyes focused on the man before her once more, "Now, onto information," she looked around the port curiously, hoping to catch sight of a familiar flag attached to one of the masts, but, without luck, she was forced to turn back to him, "Where are we? I don't believe I've been to this part of Lorendale before."
Selene

Messages In This Thread
A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-23-2020, 06:07 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-23-2020, 06:54 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-23-2020, 09:26 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-23-2020, 10:03 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-24-2020, 12:31 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-24-2020, 02:07 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-24-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-25-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Selene - 04-29-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: A Change of Pace - by Elias - 04-30-2020, 01:03 AM