come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
It would seem more difficult than I anticipated to control the inflow of anxiety, of tension and disquiet through the attuned bond. Retreating into myself only does so much - it is as if the less space my emotions take up on the bond, the more space the other has to fill in with his cacophony of confusion, of unsureness and general overwhelmed state.

The other approached, and without my conscious, human mind knowing it, my leopard shift's hairs raised, instincts appealing for space, for courtesy to be observed, for this fellow to get a grip. But I remained silent across the bond, and unmoving physically, and fought with the instincts of this form to settle the hairs that had raised along the hackles of my nape, merely offering a small nod in acknowledgement of his gratitude.

'Oliver,' my voice purrs through the bond, my calmness delivering the words with a steady and strong purpose. 'It's a pleasure to meet you,' I follow-up with a similar soothing emotion, hoping to help settle the unsettled being before me. My head tilts as he poses he question however.

'Before here I was but a human, with no remarkable magic or abilities, at least not in the sense that Caido has it.' I pause, unsure how to proceed with attempting to offer him an answer. 'I have not yet sought out a shrine to uncover the reason why the gods of this world saw fit to equip me with this gift.' I finish simply, my tone still steady despite the general lack of knowledge I hold on the subject.

One day maybe I would have answers for him.
Chulane
fridooh & whimzi @ deviantart

Messages In This Thread
RE: come run the hidden pine trails of the forest - by Chulane - 05-08-2020, 07:27 AM