Got no heart to break, like it that way
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
It's so nice to meet you
Let's never meet again
It did suck. And even more so because this was only one of many many reasons why he acted like he did. Korbin could sit all day and come up with them, search his soul in a quest for answers and find them, one for every situation. Layered upon one another, endlessly, until he couldn't even see which one was more true. They all were correct after all, to some degree, but the true, underlying cause? He had no idea. He just woke up, feeling like he'd rather not deal with anything at all, and it took all the energy he had to go about his day. Nothing was fun or worth the effort, and pretending to be happy when just standing upright was a chore seemed utterly pointless.

Maybe there was no reason at all. But at least this one tasted more true today. And it was something that bugged him. So.

The attention he was given was unnerving. But somehow, it was gratifying too. To have someone's undivided attention... Oh, he probably had it elsewhere too, in his sister and.. ugh, others (no names mentioned, he didn't even want to think them) but somehow, this was different.

Did he want the advice though? Korbin chewed on that. Hesitated, unsure if he would mean it, if he said yes. He let Amun spell his way through his own story first, and the raven tried to return the favor and listen with the same attentiveness as he had been offered. It was difficult not to draw parallells and compare to his own life.

It was also very difficult to hold back the comments that immediately sprung to mind. Korbin bit his lip, considered.

"I'd welcome your thoughts... Can't swear I'll actually follow the advice, but I'll listen. Do you want mine?"

A fair exchange; thought for a thought. It was more than he'd offered most people.
We don't have to smile
We don't have to make friends

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got no heart to break, like it that way - by Korbin - 05-11-2020, 10:30 PM