Got no heart to break, like it that way
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
It's so nice to meet you
Let's never meet again
He very much wanted to just close his eyes and sigh at what Amun went on to say. Or write. Sign  whatever one called it. The words were almost the same as Sunjata had offered, and Weaver, and Loren. Founts of wisdom one and all.

Though they always failed to offer how he was to accept it. "When you put it like that, the right answer is obvious," he said hoarsely. "I just don't see how I'm supposed to do that. I can't even control my own emotions, let alone accept them. How am I to accept the whole world when I'm like this?" Case in point; already he was arguing the advice, unable to just take them at face value. It didn't help that Amun was right, about all of it. Especially Weaver. Her patience with him would not last forever.

Drawing in a deep breath, Korbin dragged a hand through the hair, mussing the tangled strands even further. Shifting his thoughts away from himself was not easy; he kept thinking that Amun's problem was the same yet opposite from his.

"Have you considered that perhaps you don't have to move on at the same pace as the rest of the world? If you are still grieving, then you are in your full right to do so. No one else get to say if it's too fast or not fast enough; you feel what you feel, and there's no right or wrong way to do it. "

He paused, mulling over what Amun had told him.

"As for not knowing how she died... I am sure there are ways to find out. Have you talked to the one who posted that note? Maybe they know more, or can point you to someone who does." It didn't seem like a difficult problem to solve, though Korbin could understand if it was painful or hard to deal with.

The loneliness though... he sighed quietly. This was where he should offer up himself, extend a hand, say 'you're not alone!' and all that. But it would be a stupid thing to do. In no time the Tundra would be impassable, and Korbin would be stuck in Halo for the whole of Deepfrost. Even if he was inclined to do the friendship thing, it was pointless to offer when he couldn't follow through with it.

Besides. He could not replace that girl anyway. Some voids would never be filled.
We don't have to smile
We don't have to make friends

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got no heart to break, like it that way - by Korbin - 05-12-2020, 02:09 AM