Got no heart to break, like it that way
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
It's so nice to meet you
Let's never meet again
It did. The expression on his face was a study in conflicting emotions. Painful hope warring with doubt and despair, despite his attempts to remain neutral, made for a very awkward look indeed. But he nodded, again managing not to argue.

At least not on his own problems. He did let himself get worked up on Amun's behalf though, and whether that was a step in the right direction or not was difficult to say. "Again, so what?" he repeated and sat up straight. "Fuck everyone else. If you need answers to get some closure, then go ahead and make them uncomfortable. If they have really moved on so quickly then it shouldn't be a problem for them to talk about her, and if they haven't, then they should understand where you're coming from. If they won't help because you ask nicely, then go ahead and be a pain until they answer just to make you go away. If it's important, don't stop until you get what you need."

Korbin didn't have any real excuses for being a pain in people's asses, but if ever he heard a legitimate reason for being one, Amun had it. The not knowing was something he could relate to very well, as it was still gnawing at him and his sister when it came to their mother. Straia had simply disappeared; they didn't even know for sure that she was really dead, even if it seemed most likely. Yet Korbin still woke from nightmares where his mom lived as a cannibal in Whitebrim, mad and without memory of her children.

Surely, any circumstance around a death would be better than imagining things like that.

"I know people who knew your Maea," he said. "My sister is one. I can ask her, if she knows anything more. If you want me to."

Even if Deepfrost overtook them before he could manage that, Korbin might still be able to send a letter back. It was a slim chance, but at least something.
We don't have to smile
We don't have to make friends

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got no heart to break, like it that way - by Korbin - 05-13-2020, 04:50 PM