My Cup of Tea
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
      Vervain threw the glass at him, and he instinctively caught it before it hit him or shattered on the floor. Granted it wasn’t the smoothest catch, but he did manage to hold onto it until he put it down on the counter. Whether that would piss her off more or not didn’t occur to him.

Was there a point? Seriously? Did she... Did she not hear anything he said? Vai said that she got it, but Kalt could’ve laughed at what she said afterwards (he didn’t, but he could’ve). He was about to interject, about to answer Vai again before Ashetta had a chance to, but he - with an incredible amount of self control - managed to bite his tongue. Even as Ashe spoke, the man quietly sighed through his nose, jaw feathering just slightly.

He never claimed to know Vervain. He never claimed to know anything about her past or what she went through, about what she did to try to find Ashe. Nothing. His words were focused on Ashe and her well-being, but Vai didn’t hear it. Could his delivery have been a little better? Of course. Tact was never his strong suit when interacting as himself. Beating around the bush was pointless in his eyes, but perhaps he would have to learn how to do it at least a little bit.

Regardless of his ability - or lack thereof - to convey his point with elegance, he was speaking plainly without any hidden message. Vervain apparently heard accusations and judgements in his words. He was stating facts, not pointing fingers, but he didn’t understand why she wasn’t more willing to listen. He was talking about her daughter, about Ashe’s pain and the road to her recovery. As a father, he knew that he wanted what was best for his daughter, and though Theea and Ashe were very different situations, he thought the mentality would carry across. Wouldn’t it?

He saw Vai’s defensiveness almost as denial. She didn’t want to face the truth of the hell that her daughter’s life was. Kalt couldn’t blame her for that, but facts were facts. It was done. She had gone through hell for over a decade, and that was fact. And yes... Kalt wanted to come back and say that fuck yes, he did know it all. He knew it all because he lived it right beside Ashe. He knew it all because he had six more years in the Guild than she did. He knew it all because when Vai couldn’t be there - whether she wanted it or not - he was there. So yes, he knew it all, and he wouldn’t deny that. Not that he would say it aloud right then.

Kalt listened to Ashe address her mother in his defense, and he stayed silent. He didn’t need to respond. He didn’t need her to step in to defend him, but he wasn’t going to shut her down. When she turned to address him, however, his brows lifted for just a moment in confusion. There was a moment where his mind went back over the conversation, and he thought for that moment about any time he might’ve disrespected Vai’s attempts to reunite with her daughter. He didn’t think he disrespected that... He didn’t think he ever claimed to know anything about Vai or her life or anything about how she tried to find Ashe. Besides, he might’ve started the conversation, but she was the one who started the fight! He had to stop himself from pouting and pointing fingers at Ashe’s mom for starting it.

When Ashe buries her fingers into her hair, Kalt pursed his lips. ”No,” he said firmly. ”I finally got you mostly sober. No one needs your lightweight ass drinking during a serious conversation.” He took a long, slow breath and glanced at Vai, before turning his attention back to Ashe. ”Your mother clearly doesn’t want me here, so I’m gonna head home and work on my tools.” Aka, sharpen his knives, but he wasn’t about to say that in front of Vai. ”I don’t wanna smell any alcohol on you when you get home, and please just fucking talk to your mother about what needs to be talked about. It’s long overdue.” He glanced again to the woman behind he counter, then picked up his guitar and nodded to her. Kalt flashed half a grin to Ashe and would leave the Rathskeller if no one stopped him.

Kalt
I  am flesh and I am bone,
i rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold
i've got fire in my soul

Messages In This Thread
My Cup of Tea - by Kalt - 12-29-2018, 06:07 AM
RE: My Cup of Tea - by Vervain - 12-29-2018, 06:09 PM
RE: My Cup of Tea - by Kalt - 12-31-2018, 03:10 AM
RE: My Cup of Tea - by Vervain - 01-01-2019, 03:40 PM
RE: My Cup of Tea - by Kalt - 01-06-2019, 02:11 AM
RE: My Cup of Tea - by Vervain - 01-06-2019, 02:24 PM
RE: My Cup of Tea - by Kalt - 01-09-2019, 04:01 PM