Plot Advancing PQ 'neath sleeping town, follow me down
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601

The room was in stark contrast to Ronin's previous encounters here, the Dark's Star's mind still back in more shadowy tunnels, the walls damp, the air stale, and nothing but a young man's body to show at the end of it. So this spherical library, with its smattering of stars, its aura of lore long buried... it jarred him.

He stayed back near the doorway as the others moved forward, a hand on Emmett's axe. There was always something unexpected around the corner; he had learned that much, and he was no longer so foolhardy to rush in and poke around and risk waking whatever mythical beast might be hungry for them.

Ronin errs on the side of caution, guardin the doorway they came through rather than exploring the library.
RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Hello, wanderer The voice from within the pool is ancient-sounding but kind. There is a smile in her voice, wizened and seemingly entirely at ease as the strains of her mental voice filter upwards towards Amalia.

Jigano will find that the water of the pool is just below room temperature.

What will you do next?

Please include a summary of actions at the bottom of your post.

Your randomly chosen order is Tarasha, Amalia, Jigano, Ronin.
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Age: 118 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
TARASHA
you said it seems like forever
since we've seen each other
I turn to the shark book as it's pointed out, my eyes wide, head cocked. Safest to give that one a wide berth then, for the time being at least. Until I can be sure the melody is going to keep it calm, keep it from trying to eat us. "We had better get started then." I don't have the same hesitation as Amalia seems to though, and I flutter towards the shelves, aiming towards the book with the question mark on it.

With the melody on my lips, feeling more and more like a lullaby the longer I repeat it, I reach out, meaning to first stroke along the spine of the book, treating it like a frightened animal who's trust I must earn. Then, if there is no obvious reaction, I will try to grab it, try to introduce it to the bag of holding.

Tarasha reaches out gently for the question mark book, humming the fae lullaby while they do
where does the time go?
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AMALIA
THE SHIELD OF SAFRIN
i think it's beautiful how a star's light
travels the universe long after it dies
My name is Amalia. Safrin sent us to collect her books. Who are you? She itches to go closer, but at the same time she's reluctant to leave the books behind, as tempting as the voice in the pool is to explore more. She has a task to see to first, the collection of the tomes her primary concern: once that's done and her companions are safe, then she can go on.

Careful to give Tarasha space, she waits with the bag open to receive the book. At the same time she waits for an answer from the creature, deeply curious, Jyoti now skimming over the top of the pool.

Ama holds the bag to help Tarasha, and asks the thing in the pool who it is while Jyoti swims over the surface.
That's what I want to be in this world —
someone whose light lingers after I'm gone

Coding base by Sky!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
They had come for a purpose, and that purpose took priority over his curiosity, Jigano admitted to himself with a wry smile. He stood and dried his hand on his tunic as he moved back to rejoin the others, keeping a watchful eye out on the sky above once he saw Jyoti had the pool under control.

Isuma purred happily from Tarasha's shoulder, enjoying the lullaby.

The bard extended his senses, furred ears shaping along his head as he watched with hearing as well as sight to keep alert for any changes in the chamber, to guard Tarasha and Amalia while they collected the books.

Jigano rejoins the group and keeps watch within the chamber with Attuned eyes and ears.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

The voice was disconcerting, however gentle it might be, and Ronin bristled at the sound of it. Still, Amalia had asked him to keep an eye on Tarasha and he fully intended to keep that in mind, so as the Fae began to sing and to approach the books, he made his cautious way further into the library (a task made easier given that Jigano had also returned to stand sentinel).

With his axe free from its holster now and readied just in case, he kept alert for any shenanigans as they attempted to corral and persuade the books into the bag of holding. It wasn’t how he had intended to spend his Deepfrost, but still.

Ronin stays on hand to protect Tarasha from any interruptions or threats. He takes Emmett’s axe from its holster.
RONIN

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The question mark book bristles instantly as it is moved around. Dust blows off its cover with its struggles, though as the fae's fingers find the length of its spine, it stills for a moment. With no features to anthropomorphize it's hard to get a read on the tomb, and yet Tarasha will intuitively sense its wariness, but also the stirrings of memory. The book snarls a bit, but only to be difficult, not actively trying to wound the fae so much as it merely seems inclined to put up a fuss. It goes into the bag without much difficulty.

As for the voice in the pool, the time between answers stretches long, as if it is a vast distance away. Hello Amalia It returns, voice pleasant and welcoming. Its tone will be vaguely familiar to her...at least the cadence will be. My name is !nu⁄=a //o@na Amalia would hear the name as a series of clicks, largely repeatable without training.

Tarasha puts the ? book into the bag of holding. The fae would understand the sounds, if only she could hear them.

What will you do next?

Please include a summary of actions at the bottom of your post.

Your randomly chosen order is Tarasha, Amalia, Jigano, Ronin.
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Age: 118 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
TARASHA
One down, one to go, at least of the books that had been pointed out as difficult. Though I am far more wary of the shark book than I was the one with the question mark, and it had put up enough of a struggle, seemingly just out of principle. I am careful  to not let my worry affect my voice, the song still flowing from me smoothly. Reaching up carefully, I dislodge the pale griffon from my shoulder, setting her on the ground and trying to shoo her a safer distance away, so if something does go wrong, I only need to worry about moving away myself.

Without any knowledge of the silence conversation the others can hear, I reach out again, brushing the barest tip of my fingers against the shark book, ready to spring back at a moment's notice if it takes offense to the touch, if it decides to put up more of a a fight than the other one had.

Tarasha moves Isuma a safer distance away, then reaches for the Shark book.
where does the time go?
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AMALIA
THE SHIELD OF SAFRIN
The tone, the cadence... it sounds like something she knew in a dream, close enough to familiar that the Shield can almost taste it. What are you? A... a Tulmhainar? the girl asks eagerly, once again distracted from the books. How did you come to be here? And where are you? The water hardly seems large enough to house it.

"There's something in the water." Amalia looks between her companions, eyes sparkling with wonder. "Someone. After we get the books in the bag I want to go  closer, to speak to it more.... and to keep exploring the rest of the library. You don't have to stay if you don't want to."

Amalia continues to question the creature and asks if it's a tulmhainar. She tells the others she will be staying to investigate more, and they can choose to stay or leave.

Coding base by Sky!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
Jigano tilted his head as Amalia spoke, furred ears perking towards her in interest at her revelation. "I would like to remain, as well," he agreed, but he kept a wary eye on Tarasha and the Shark book in case the tome became twitchy and tried a snap at the Fae. He held his Healing at the ready to fix any wounds that might arise from the winged Loreseeker's soothing of the strange books, trusting Ronin and Amalia to watch their backs as Isuma launched herself after Jyoti, reeping joyful greeting to whoever her whalefriend might have found.

Can you guide me? he sent to Amalia through the Attuned bond, offering his mental 'hand' if she was willing to show him how to communicate with the being she had found beneath the surface of the silver lake.

Jigano stands ready to Heal Tarasha if the Shark book gets nippy, and asks Amalia to show him how to communicate with who she's found.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:

For books, there was an awful lot of trepidation going on, though Ronin couldn't say he was surprised. The things he had seen in these tunnels alone, aggressive books were far from the worst thing his imagination could come up with.

"Be careful. We don't know how safe things are, here," he said to Amalia as she spoke up - with a small effort of will, he sent out his astral projection to go and stand with her, just in case.

Ronin continues to guard Tarasha, and sends his astral projection over to Amalia to keep watch as well.
RONIN

Change author:
fucke dup hand, will flesh this out. but

Amalia. The creature tells her it's a cousin of hte Tulmhainar, and it isn't anywhere - it's everywhere! You're standing on it.

Tarasha - indeed the book does get snippy. The pages folde dinot teeth and it lashes out. its spine and the panels of the cover grow rubbery and tense
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:
TARASHA
Isuma hops off of me, out of harms way, and I feel confident enough to reach out, hoping for the best, though I am disappointed. My song does not soothe the book, at least not completely. The book does not transform into something as terrifying as what Jigano described, but it does snap out at me, and my immediate reaction, after pulling my hand away as quickly as I can,  is not one of fear, as it probably should be. Instead, I snap at the book in my native tongue, putting all the indignation I can into it. You stop that right now you silly thing! I am here to bring you home, but I will not if you do not calm yourself!

I realize what I’ve done a moment later, and try to pick up the thread of the song again, trying to resort back to calming. Though my eyes do not leave the book, waiting for any indication that it will listen to me, or be calmed, or, any indication that I have to move away, my wings ready to carry me upwards.
where does the time go?
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AMALIA
THE SHIELD OF SAFRIN
It's a Tulmhainar! This whole place is a tulmhainar! Amalia's excitement radiates to all of them through the Attuned bond, her fascination with the discovery bright within her mind. To it she continues offering questions, translating whatever is told to the others through the bond: How did you come to be here? How did we? Did Safrin bring you here, or Vi?

Too enraptured with the creature, she fails to notice the book's displeasure and shifting. She has made her way down to the edge of the water now, her fingers reaching down to stir the surface. Do you know about the room behind the waterfall? Is that also... you?

Amalia continues to question the Tulmhainar, and will try to translate any answers through the Attuned bond

Coding base by Sky!