Training a hundred bad days made a hundred good stories
Weaver! <3
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 34 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

WEAVER

Weaver shrugs at the mention of not being blood related. ”In my experience, blood is not always the strongest connector.” Her family had been close, and she and Korbin still were, but they were technically only half-siblings. Weaver was the product of an affair, one that John didn’t seem to mind. Or maybe he did mind, but he never let Weaver know. He’d loved her as much as he’d loved his own sons, and cared for her as if she’d been his. Besides, sometimes the family that you get to choose, the ones that slip into your life with no reason to stick around, are the strongest bonds you will forge.

At the mention of all but one blood relative, Weaver doesn’t offer a ‘sorry’. It doesn’t feel useful here, given how many of the Outlanders lost their lives and loved ones when they were thrown into Caido. Weaver’s ‘sorry’ couldn’t undo that. ”Tell me about your family?” It is a question, one that allows Kiada to say yes or no, as she prefers. Sometimes people just want the excuse to talk about something though. Weaver takes another sip of her drink, waiting to see what Kiada would choose.

”Well, you didn’t hear it from me,” she says, tapping her nose with a wink. ”But you have my full permission to get even.” Weaver was a good sister in many ways, but when it came to keeping secrets, she was not particularly good. She treated her brother’s secrets as she treated her own, with little care. It was the secrets of other’s she was far better at guarding.

Kiada too seems to share Weaver's careless disregard for drinking and training at the same time. ”I have thought about trying to set up some sort of knife or axe throwing area. Someone might die though, as fun as it would be to drink and throw sharp things.” She can only imagine some of the men getting drunk and starting a fight when they lost.

I was made to be wild, wicked, and free

Messages In This Thread
RE: a hundred bad days made a hundred good stories - by Weaver - 05-17-2020, 12:40 PM