[SE]...And their thatched-roof cottages!
Rance Grenier
Wanderer

Age: 33 | Height: 6' | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Mercedes Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
cut me open and let all the ink run from these veins, until my words bleed dry, and only blank pages remain
Aisha's threat would have had him grinning had he lips. The amusement would be clear as day across the bond as he settled low on her back. That's a new one. I'm takin' it, give some flighty manners slut a heart attack." Because nothing spelled harmless fun like insulting someone so harshly that they swooned.

He didn't have a lot of experience clinging onto the moving back of a quadruped, but she was cautious and graceful enough that it wasn't too hard to keep balanced. As they neared the top, he realized belatedly that doing this in animal form had another distinct advantage: they could banter without the fluttering bats hearing them.

And there most definitely were still bats in the attic. Their squeaking became a bit louder as they came out to the top floor, as did the humming. It was surreal in a way Rance didn't have a comparison for. There was enough light that his avian eyes were able to pick out the fluttering, prey-sized forms of the bats, gaze jumping from one movement to the next. The humming wasn't steady, growing and quieting as the bats moved, but it was enough. Can't imagine how loud they are when the whole flock's home. Even though there was no need to whisper, his mental 'voice' was still quiet.

Not that noise was going to matter much now, as the the dozen or so adult bats still left smelled predators and took to the air, circling close enough that Rance ducked his head.
RANCE

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE]...And their thatched-roof cottages! - by Rance - 06-14-2020, 12:46 AM