who by common trial?
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you had a heart, it's been gone since they left you
He was disappointed, but not surprised. What could a goddess possibly need from someone like him anyway? Though it was difficult, Korbin tried to accept the help as the gift it probably was, and as she turned to survey the shrine, he took that moment to try and compose himself.

When she turned back, he was breathing a little easier. Not much, mind, and his head was still a mess, every sound too close and too loud... but the simple presence of it was exciting; he could hear again! Safrin's smile was lovely. That too helped to calm him, though relaxing was rather difficult.

Korbin smiled when she mentioned Aisha, and nodded. Held up the letter a ways. "She told me you agreed to help. I didn't think she would actually ask, but... I'm glad I was proved wrong," he replied. "And if the curses are what let me meet you, I think I'm grateful for them. A bit." Though the slight grimace that twisted his smile suggested he would really rather have gone without them.

Taking a deep breath, the young man straightened and regarded the deity. Took the chance to really process her presence, the almost painful perfection of her beauty. Everything Sunjata had told him of Safrin danced through the back of his mind, talk of kisses and children and quests... He tried to set it aside. Form his own opinion.

So far, it was overwhelmingly positive.

"I wanted to see you," he said, rather tentative. "It's why I went to the shrine in the first place. I thought - I hoped - that you might be willing to help me." He rubbed at the back of his neck, not sure how to explain, how to phrase it. Words usually came easily to him, but here, the raven became tongue-tied.

"I've been... acting like a jerk, lately," he eventually sighed, settling for just blurting out the truth, without preamble. "To everyone, really. I've been a mess, constantly angry, and I don't like who I am becoming. Just... I don't know how to stop. How to get out of this endless loop I'm stuck in. I don't want to hurt people, but I am."

Korbin did his best not to let the gaze drop, though it was difficult; he was deeply ashamed of what he had done, how he was behaving. How he couldn't control his emotions or even keep them to himself.

"Is there some way you could help me, my lady?" It was only a faint hope - he didn't even know what would help, or where to begin - but Korbin felt he had to ask.
- ever feel you grew up too fast?
Korbin

Messages In This Thread
who by common trial? - by Korbin - 05-08-2020, 09:25 PM
RE: who by common trial? - by Random Event - 05-08-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: who by common trial? - by Korbin - 05-10-2020, 08:05 AM
RE: who by common trial? - by Safrin - 05-10-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: who by common trial? - by Korbin - 05-10-2020, 07:12 PM
RE: who by common trial? - by Safrin - 05-11-2020, 07:49 PM
RE: who by common trial? - by Korbin - 05-11-2020, 09:19 PM
RE: who by common trial? - by Safrin - 05-12-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: who by common trial? - by Korbin - 05-12-2020, 05:07 PM