Mini Event a hui hou
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
It was arguably the most boring season in Torchline, and that called for a party. Would it lift spirits? Probably. Would people enjoy themselves? In all likelihood, yes. But it didn't count as a good deed if it was basically a ploy to get shitfaced and meet all the Outlanders worth doing business with now that Deepfrost was upon them. Jack and the crew of the Ark had set up a bonfire and a few tiki torches along the beach; it was chilly, yes, but that was what the fire was for.

There was also music drifting from a few guitars and fiddles, courtesy of the Torchliners already joining them, and the scent of cooking meat filled the air from a barbeque that had been set up nearby. Jack, for his part, was seated on an upturned crate, a bottle of whiskey (half empty) in one hand and a cigarette between his lips. Well, what else where they supposed to do before it was time to set sail again?
you wanted perfect, you got your perfect
but now I'm too perfect for someone like you
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Delta Ngata
Explorer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 14 - Int:
CLIFFORD - Regular - Hel
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
Such a commotion was something that Delta had hardly ever seen before. Music was playing and it was absolutely beautiful. There weren't too many people and besides, she could easily get away if she had to.

Swimming on over, she appeared behind a set of rocks, using this as a hiding point as she rested her back against them, listening to the guitars as music filled the air. The smell of cooked meat was faint but visible, something she hadn't actually eaten before in her life.

Even though this currently seemed like a paradise, Delta wasn't quite ready to fully show herself. She had never been around so many humans at once and easily one could very well take advantage of her vulnerability. It meant that for now, she would be forced to eavesdrop and listen from afar, for showing herself too soon could mean disaster. Hidden by the rocks she felt safe and sound, allowing her to rest and enjoy the night of music and commotion.
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go into the unknown?
DELTA
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eloise
Darling, you take the high horse
and I'll take the high road
Eloise wore a skirt wrapped 'round her waist, the slit of it almost entirely up to her hip. Given the current position of it, it looked like there wasn't anything beneath. But then again, she was an illusionist; Eloise could make almost anything look a certain way.

With her glass filled far too full, Eloise leaned against one of the tiki torches, allowing the flame to bath her skin in warm light and lingering shadows. Though she wasn't looking at Jack, the navigator's mind was certainly sending thoughts his way. Thoughts of sand gripped between fingers and toes as his lips and tongue did more than just move his cigarette from one side of his mouth to the other.

To anyone else though, she simply looked quietly amused as she took frequent sips of her drink, and let her hips sway to the music all around them.
If you're too good for us,
you'll be good riding solo
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
our sins are washed away
Unsurprisingly, Saiden was tending the barbecue. Just because he wasn't on the ship didn't mean he wasn't working. Not that he saw this as work in the slightest. Indeed, he had a stupidly joyful grin plastered on his lips, happy as a clam to be pursuing what was basically his passion.

Humming cheerfully along with the music, he just tended to the meat, flipping things and filling plates as needed. There was a drink resting on a small table next to him and periodically he'd take a swig from it. Smacking his lips as he did, he was basically lost to his surroundings, content to just focus on his grilling and not on making small talk or connections.
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
how do you wanna face it? when the end is so close you can taste it
Yasssss, I am Here. For. This.

Puttin’ a sign up on the door with an arrow towards the beach, I direct whatever potential clientele I may have that night to the party - where, yes, I also take a crate of booze. Mik carries another two - none of the good stuff, mind, but enough of a variety that everyone shouldn’t be complainin’ too much.

I ain’t tendin’ bar tonight, so we don’t bother settin’ anything up. The crates are there, communal, and that’s my contribution to the party and the work the Ark is doin'. Which also means that I’m free to do my own thing tonight, and I immediately spot Eloise swingin’ her hips around. I ain’t nearly as fancy, in just some cutoff shorts, a tee and a sweater (which will undoubtedly come off when the party really starts). So I pour myself something stiff ‘n nice and saunter over towards her.

'S just friendly dancin', after all.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
You learn to stand alone at last
So brave, and bold, and strong, and stout
Sam could be called a lot of things; 'party person' was not one of them. After Amalia and Deimos' wedding reception where he had spent the whole night glued to walls or behind tables, he had been almost certain that the environment of dancing, drunk people and revelry was simply not for him.

..Then Zeph had mentioned he was going to come to this little get together, and Sam had in an instant said he would go too out of fear of looking like a square to his new housemate (because clearly, he did not already look like a square). He'd even bought a new shirt in Haulani, one with a daringly low neckline for him, showing one, perhaps two strands of his chest hair. Feeling like an absolute tart, he had begun to head down to the party a little after it began, having heard that was something that confident people did.

Of course, when he got down there, there was no Zeph to be seen. Feeling immediately out of place, Sam walked to the edge of the party and with his hands in his pockets watched the goings on, realising belatedly that he didn't know a single person there. With a sigh, he thought to rectify that. Walking up to Jack (the most 'creepy pirate' looking man there, and Sam thought he should challenge himself) he held out his hand with a smile. "Hello. I'm Samuel Wordsworth. Thank you for organising this."
You learn somehow to like the dark, even love the doubt
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
you must burn brighter than ever
With no sails unfurled, the festivities promised, and eventually underway, left Melita without a hanging heart along the crush of Deepfrost. Ordinarily, this would’ve been the time she’d helped out around the Grounds, preparing for LongNight, coaxing luxere out of their specious homes and into protective thresholds.

But here?

Here there were parties and entertainment, wild bonfires beneath midnight breezes and cooler ramparts. Here she could dance and cheer and be utterly audacious and ridiculous, and no one seemed to care.

They’d set up the flames, the torches, and the sand was between her toes, lifting her spirits, her lissome frame, utterly content to ramble along the dunes without a care in the world. At this time though, with everyone else occupied, she had merely grabbed Fangorn and swayed to the music.
Melita
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
my heart and soul were never mine to own, what do you care to die for?
It had been… a rough couple of days to say the least. But things were better today, despite getting stabbed and having Nate fix it, fix him in the process. But he hears there’s a party, one hosted by Jack and the Ark, and he’s pretty sure he’s got to go to it. He doesn’t think there’s any harm in showing up, anyway, knowing that those thugs weren’t a part of Jack’s crew and just some simple Torchers looking for an easy swipe. Besides, Haai comes with, almost like a guard dog of sorts, puffs of smoke slipping from her maw as she paves the way.

Anyway, he arrives with Nate, fingers laced with the Ascended’s. Perhaps they’re a bit late, judging by the amount of people that have already shown, but still he can’t help but to watch the way Sam walks up to Jack. Sunjata’s head inclines toward Nate with an amused smirk crossing his face at the interaction he watches, before he breaks his attention to search for Melita.

When he spots her, he makes his way over toward her, inclining his head toward Jack, Raza, and Saiden specifically — the only other people he seems to really know. Before flashing her a bright grin. “Room for another? I’m afraid I’m not allowed to move too much unless you want Nate to bite my head off all night.” There’s a hum of a chuckle to that as he extends a hand to Melita.
we die alone, we'll all die young
what do you care to die for? what do you care to die from?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
A rough couple of days was putting it mildly, as far as Nate was concerned. Sunjata coming home with a knife wound in his gut and prompting a night of panicked work, cleaning, stitches, then painful silence. He had faith in himself, faith in the attuned, but that didn't mean a thing to the worry that rested in the doctors chest, possessive and protective in equal, overwhelming amounts. If it wasn't for the fact that Nate desperately needed to feel normal, just a little bit, just for a night, to rest and reset his mind, he would have fought much, much harder against the idea of a party.

So they're on the beach, hands entwined together, Nate stepping into an easy, comfortable part of himself, ready to make the most of the evening. They arrive just in time to watch Sam's social trainwreck, a wince crossing Nate's face, blue eyes turning to Sunjata like he can't quite believe what he's seeing. There's not really anyone else he really recognizes though, Saiden notwithstanding, though the cook seems too distracted to bother with a greeting.

Almost automatically, at least on his part, they drift towards Melita, Nate leaning in to offer her a quick hug before he settles, rolling his eyes at Sunjata. "How dare I try to keep you from popping a stitch, that I'll have to take care of." There's on a grin on his face, despite the words. "I'm going to grab us a drink. Behave." He offers, wandering through the party towards what looks like free drinks.
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE
Zephyr Kawaianu
Smuggler / Guildmaster

Age: 42 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 10 - Int:
KI - Regular - Panther Chamelon
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

took back my heart but it's never been the same
A party on the beach, and everyone's invited. Sounds like your idea of... well, some sort of time.

Once upon a time you would have been the first to show up. You would have helped with the setup and greeted incoming guests with a brilliant grin and a booming laugh. You would have chased children and hugged friends and given strangers a clap on the back. And El would have stood beside you, chiding you while charming the pants off of everyone, and Ray would be running around your legs with a gaggle of his friends, and life would be good.

Now, though? You're still helpful, but hardly a beacon of joy. You still find work to do, but you don't volunteer to do it all. You still greet the people you know, but it's a monochrome version of a vibrant man, the ocean in doldrums after a storm. Arriving with another armful of liquor carried for Raza, you set it down with at Mik's direction, leaving it with the rest.

Straightening up with your hands in your pockets, you look out on the assembled crowd. Most of the faces are familiar enough, and you even smile crookedly at the sight of Samuel stupidly bravely approaching Jack, of all people. Maybe you oughta rescue the kid, but then, he's probably glad for the break from you.

So you meander over toward Saiden instead, itching for something to do. "Hey, Sai.. smells mighty good. Need a hand, mate?" For the love of the Gods, give me something to do, your coffee-brown eyes beg over your almost-smile.
maybe love is a young man's game
James Aiféala
Thief / Halenani Prostitute

Age: 32 | Height: 6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: N/A - Strg: 8 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Change author:
JAMES
Taking full advantage of the fact that Sunjata seemed entirely preoccupied with some red-headed sprite and the new doctor Torchline has been rumblings about, James stealths his way on over toward Zephyr. Of course for James, stealthing usually just meanings tiptoeing with comical emphasis, taking large steps that likely attract more attention than he'd normally warrant.

"Zeph mate, if y'aren't a sight for sore eyes." He mewls, tossing an arm wearily over his compadre's shoulder and acting as if he'd just endured some great hardship. "Oh hello there." Instantly distracted by Saiden's presence, the thief looks the cook up and down, a tongue running across his lower lip as his eyes took in all. those. muscles. "nnn..." He mumbled, a hand hovering upwards slightly, right above his own nipple, before the thief seemed to shock himself back into reality. "Gods damnit Zeph this's no time t'be flirtin and I'll have none of your sass about it either. There's a man over there dyin', and another callin' fer alcohol wot to clean his wounds with."

How convenient it was that they were so near the alcohol then.

"We need..well, as much as we can carry." He added, turning his head to wink entirely obviously in Zeph's direction.
"HOLD THE FUCK UP" I say.
I'm the fuck up. Please hold me.
Saiden Hali
Smuggler / Cook

Age: 33 | Height: 6' 2'' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
our sins are washed away
Honestly, Saiden hadn't been expecting anyone to come over to speak with him. At least, not more than it took to get food. So when a familiar voice spoke up and offered to help, he looked up, surprised. However, it soon morphed into a pleasantly surprised grin when he realized who it was. "Zeph! Long time no see." It was clear he was glad to see Zeph, and he went to give his fellow smuggler a back slapping hug.

Still, the cook returned to his spot soon enough. He was about to respond to the other man's question when a stranger sidled up. The Hali winked at the unknown man, a smirk lurking on Saiden's lips all the while. "But he hasn't even asked me about my meat yet." He pouted, but the wicked glitter in his eyes belied his amusement.

Reaching out for a handshake, he winked. "I don't think we've met. Saiden Hali." Giving the stranger a once over as brazen as the one the unknown man had given the cook, he laughed as the stranger requested more alcohol. "You all could just take the booze that Zeph brought and break it open to help that poor injured soul." The Hali's expression grew dramatically forlorn. "Though I'd be sad not to get a drink myself. I'm parched."

Then he turned to face Zeph again. "To answer your earlier question, assuming you weren't just trying to malign my skills as a chef, in which case, get the fuck out, I've got some vegetable skewers you can take care of." While Saiden waited for the other man to respond, he flipped the meat on the grill with his spatula in a practiced motion.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
JACK
Whilst outwardly his poker face was excellent, Jack was thoroughly enjoying the images and thoughts being sent his way by Eloise. He lifted his gaze to the navigator's just as he took his cigarette from his lips to sip at his whiskey, a smirk threatening - especially when Raza showed up. Oh, but then thoughts interrupted him, as they were wont to do; thoughts about creepy pirates, and if Jack had to be compared to one again he swore he was going to drive the blade of a knife right between--

Blue eyes flicked across at the man a fraction before he spoke, Jack aware of the awkwardly outstretched hand, and yet doing nothing to rectify it. "I don't care," he said flatly, before nodding across at the beautifully dancing women nearby. "If you wanna thank me, shut up, sit down and watch the show, my violently ginger friend."
you wanted perfect, you got your perfect
but now I'm too perfect for someone like you
Eloise Teralux
Navigator

Age: 32 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Change author:
Eloise
Darling, you take the high horse
and I'll take the high road
"Cheers." Eloise's voice is already pleasantly bubbly and slightly slurred as her dark gaze falls on Raza, extending her own glass forward to clink against the Liason's. Instantly her smile widens into something of unfettered delight, the booze coursing through her system making a mockery of any pretense of respectability or sobriety.

Swaying in time with the music, her bare feet making small indents in the sand as she twists and turns, the navigator happens to catch Jack's gaze for just a second. They are, for all the crew knows, together, and so the wink she shoots his way shouldn't be all that surprising. But the mental images that accompany it are far from what any of the crew might expect.

Turning back to Raza, the firelight making Eloise' eyes shiny and bright. 'Aren't you al ittle warm in that?' She wonders suggestively of Raza's sweater. Reaching out with the hand not holding her glass, she loops her fingers through the belt loops on the side of the Liason's shorts, her thumb just ghosting the dark skin of her hip before ducking beneath her waistline.
If you're too good for us,
you'll be good riding solo