gossipy old hens
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Loren looked away guiltily as Jigano explained that eating luxere would be repulisive. Expression embarrassed, the healer scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Well, um, I don't really know how to tell you this, but...see, luxere are the main source of food here in Halo and we really don't have any other options so..." Voice trailing off awkwardly, he just gestured helplessly at the plates that they'd both polished off. Astra, of course, bleated reproachfully at the both of them, the bard's reassurance not helping in the slightest, before returning to play her games with Isuma.

Taking a sip of wine, the Launceleyn tried to stop his cheeks from flushing. Features still more than a bit chagrined, he nevertheless grinned at the white-haired man's antics. Letting out a huff of obligatory laughter at the terrible joke, Loren gave Jigano an amused look. "Twenty-three is a much more respectable prime in my opinion, gramps. But since we have to respect our elders here in Halo, I'll let you go on thinking that."

The healer shook his head at the bard's offer. "Thank you, but I have everything I need already." Still, the Launceleyn sent a pulse of gratitude to the white-haired man.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
A distinctly queasy look came over the bard's face, and a ripple of nausea disturbed the Attuned bond before he clamped down on it. He couldn't even look at Astra after that, setting his glass of wine down with the overly-precise care of someone trying very hard not to just drop it and run. "I... see." It was a weak response, but the news had twisted a pleasant evening into one he could no longer enjoy.

He could understand where Loren was coming from, and the harsh necessities of Halovian life, but it still left him feeling ill to have eaten one of the creatures the Grounders - including him - so desperately relied on during LongNight.

And poor Astra...

"Then I should probably get going," he said, his smile a little pained as he rose and offered Loren his hand. "I'll be racing the last of the light to make it back to the portal tonight as it is." Isuma peeped a protest from Astra's antlers, a mournful little trill of wanting to stay and play longer, but Jigano gave her a regretful shake of his head. "But I'll see you again when the snows lighten enough to allow travel again. Until then, stay warm and safe, my friend." And in spite of the uncomfortable roiling in his gut his smile for the summoner was genuine and optimistic that they'd both survive to see the light of Flowerbirth's first morning.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

loren
Pressing his lips together, Loren sighed. "Sorry, friend." Standing he clasped Jigano's hand firmly. "I was hoping for a slightly better goodbye than this." Smiling apologetically, the healer let go of the bard. The Launceleyn ran his other hand through his hair, a nervous gesture.

Astra, sensing, his discomfort and seeing the white-haired man preparing to leave, trotted over to them. Pressing herself against Loren for a moment, she moved on to do the same to Jigano, bleating a goodbye as she did. Then she went back to Isuma to give the luxere's fellow companion a proper sending off.

For the healer's part, he tried to grin. "I'll see you in Flowerbirth, gramps. And stay safe yourself." Despite the awkwardness, he was determined to part on as good a note as he could.
Never judge a book by its cover.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
"When in Halo..." the bard admitted, finding a rueful smile for his friend as they clasped hands and he let his acceptance of the apology warm the Attuned bond. "I'll bring some conies or partridges next time. And some carrots for Astra." He hoped the little luxere would appreciate the change in menu as much as he would.

Jigano gave the companion's head a good rub, making sure to get any itchy spots behind her ears before he lifted Isuma from her antlers and settled the gryphlet back on his shoulder as she peeped her own goodbyes to her long-legged friend.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do," Jigano warned Loren, then paused, smiling. "Not that that narrows it down much. See you in Flowerbirth, young friend." With a nod and a wave he collected his cloak and headed back out into the fading light, knowing he'd have to hurry to make it to the portal before darkness claimed the Fangs, even on a dragon's wings.

{Finished}