For Amalia, from your brother
Letter for Amalia
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Dear Amalia,

This is going to be one of the hardest letters I've ever written, and I don't even really know why I'm writing it. Please read until the end for me. I suppose I want your advice, even if I'm sure I already know what it's going to be.

To put the heart of the matter right here at the beginning: I have left the Voice's side and she has 'abandoned' me, stripped me of all my upgrades and sun resistance. You probably remember me talking with a stutter as a teenager...well. The Voice fixed that for me and now she has taken it away too. I can't taste or smell anymore either, and I feel considerably weaker.

However, and this is really why I'm writing to you...I still feel that I've made the right decision. I don't want to divulge details that aren't mine to share (after all, many of the Ascended are still my friends and dear to me) but The Voice has been for a while going in a direction I can't follow, too easy throwing away lives or using mind games to insist on unified following from her family. It was beginning to feel dangerous.

I want to make it clear I don't want to go to the Old Gods to become one of their disciples in the way you have. What I want to ask is if you think it is possible for Safrin or whomever else to remove the Ascended part of me that requires fluid and removes sensations like taste and smell...maybe frame it to them as a way to work against the Voice than a gift to me. I don't know. I would be willing to undertake a task for this of great magnitude.

Perhaps you think that's selfish. I'm not in my best mind right now, so please do not be too harsh in your reply...I am trying to refind who I am. There is one thing I am certain of though and that is that I am not returning to the Voice. I have realised, now that I am free, that I do not want to be under anyone elses control ever again.
Yours Sincerely,
Samuel
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

Sam,

I am sorry it has taken me this long to reply to your letter. I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through, especially after enduring so much as a child. And though I know my dislike judg feelings on the Voice and your decision to follow her have always been clear, we are still family. I am glad you reached out.

Whether it is possible for the Old Gods to heal you I do not know, but if you wish to speak to them I will come with you. And if that fails we will find the next step, and the next, until you are well again. Without the control of the Voice.

Deimos and I will be coming to Torchline in two days, to see how progress for the refugees is going. May we visit you and speak then?

Your sister,

Amalia
Yours Sincerely,
Amalia