Personal Quest Dionysus Reborn
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Bastien had not expected everybody to follow suit with his disrobing, but said nothing of it, simply smirking to himself as he continued to paint (he did wonder if he totally stripped, if his fellow painters would take that as instruction too). He had considered the people here overly conservative before, had thought most of them prudes from what he had seen - but maybe he had judged too soon.

His own painting was rather typical for him, a soft focus of two figures stood in a blanket of stars, patterns and delicate spirals surrounding them and exploding out from their heads as if emotion was bubbling from them visibly. The colours were a little garish, not his usual fare - he knew he'd need to come back and fix it. Still, it was good enough that he felt content to have it out among his new congregation.

Once he had painted to the point where he needed to wait for it to dry (and it was beginning to grow dark outside) Bastien moved about the room lighting candles and investigating the paintings the others had done.

As he walked up behind Remi he noticed the scars on his body, frowned just slightly as he wondered where they had come from - but now was not the time to ask. Besides, it was a mundane topic when such a wonderful display of art was waiting before him. "Oh, Remi!" Bastien clapped his hands together in a way not entirely distant from how one would congratulate a child. "It is beautiful! So wild and free! I wish I could shed my control like this."

He then moved onto Ronin, and his beautiful painting of a ship at sea. It meant nothing particular to Bastien, but he valued the artistry regardless. He clapped a hand on Ronin's shoulder, grinned at the canvas. "This is fascinating. A memory? Or just a story from your imagination? Either way, it is enchanting. I can feel the spray of waves."

Lastly he went to look at Vanya 's piece, moving in front of her canvas as she went to speak to Ronin. "Ah. A beautiful abstract using the colours of our lady. I admire this very much, Vanya. Do you paint often? You have a wonderful, naive eye."

Paintings appraised and shirts long gone, Bastien finally was beginning to feel like a king of Bohemia again. But one did not get such a reputation by being a bad host.

"If you'll excuse me for just a moment, I need to gather some things. Feel free to go through into the other area and sit on the cushions there." He left and quickly headed up to his home, where he gathered the food he had. There was not much. Rushing, he headed to the settlement and traded for enough that he wouldn't feel embarrassed at the sight of the meal.

By the time he came back, some twenty minutes later, Bastien had in his arms a few different boxes and plates of the best food he could scrounge up in this place. Some of the least burnt bread, a few meats, some cakes (though he found 'cake' here to be considerably less sweet than at home).

"To celebrate your hard work and creativity - a feast!" Spreading it all out on a table, he selected a couple of bottles of drink (and produced from a bag a bottle of juice for Vanya, as he had noticed she hadn't been drinking) to go with everything and then sat down, arranging it all out to look as appetising as possible with such poor selection.

""It seems I might have to wait til another night to get everything I wanted from this place, unless someone is willing. Please, let us eat and talk with each other. Tell me of a thing from your world you miss and admire. Personally, I miss the grand architecture of Venice. The mudhuts here hardly measure up to it. There were archways and gargoyles that took your breath away." He took off his shoes and laid back among the cushions, recumbent and looking for all the world like a classical demigod himself as he sipped from a glass.

--
Have your character discuss something they miss from their world, get a little drunk eat...maybe...get comfortable with everyone else?

Last round of tasks, after this there will be one more round to wrap up~
Post Order:
1. Remi
2. Ronin
3. Vanya

Bastien
Drink So Deeply From the Cup That I Provide

Messages In This Thread
Dionysus Reborn - by Bastien - 12-31-2018, 07:08 PM
RE: Dionysus Reborn - by Remi - 01-01-2019, 11:47 PM
RE: Dionysus Reborn - by Ronin - 01-02-2019, 07:25 PM
RE: Dionysus Reborn - by Vanya - 01-04-2019, 04:06 AM