Both Sides of the Coin
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
Nodding as he reassured her that his brother would understand, she moved into his room. Her eyes wandered the room, until she spied the canvas, assessing damage as she went. A brokwn window, which meant Delphine promptly stepped on shattered glass, because she’d removed her boots—not the smartest move when assessing a damaged building.

She gathered the canvas and walked on her tip-toes, closing the door to his room. “The window’s broken, and there’s glass everywhere, but… not too bad.” She moved into her room, hugging the canvas to her chest and hopping, as to avoid putting pressure on the foot with glass shards in it.
I don't mind where you come from as long as you come to me.
I don't like illusions, I can't see them clearly.
I don't care, no, I wouldn't dare to fix the twist in you.
You've shown me eventually, what you'll do.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
every time i think i've finally made it, i learn i'm farther away than i have ever been before
A broken window was not the news Noah wanted to hear. Damnit." He swore under his breath, putting the finishing touches on the crack in the wall. He grumbled as he stood, listening to Delphine rummage and grab the canvas and bring it over. Her hopping was unmistakable, and Noah quickly turned to see what the matter was. "Are you okay? Did you step on glas?" He asked. He took the canvas from her arms and set it on the ground. Without thinking, he moved again the rummage in the bottom cupboard in the kitchen. He had placed the kit of medical items that Loren had given him down here.

With the first aid kit in hand, he moved back towards Delphine, but he wasn't looking at her. He opened the top of the kit and was rummaging around inside, looking for an antiseptic and some bandages to help her foot.

NOAH
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Noah was too quick to get the first aid kit, for her to stop him. So, she didn't remind him that she just needed to check for glass before she healed the wound. Instead, Delphine settled on the bed and patiently let him treat it in the most mundane way possible.

It was cute, the way he'd rushed to action, and who was she to stop him from being cute? "Glass was everywhere. Be careful if you go in, okay?" She flexed her foot, checking to see if she felt any pain that fluctuated and became worse, which would indicate glass in her foot. She didn't, and leaned back to study the ceiling.

"Wanna just camp by the fire? You can have the couch. This seems like a bigger mess than I thought."
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
every time i think i've finally made it, i learn i'm farther away than i have ever been before
When he had found what he wanted from the kit he gestured for her to sit down. He moved wordlessly and without thinking of her magic or the fact that she could heal herself with ease. On a normal day, the hunter may be able to think more clearly. Today, however, had been a whirlwind from hell and his mind was still reeling from it. Taking bits of glass from her foot, he dropped them on the floor next to him. The blood did not even make him flinch or think twice--he was a hunter, after all. What kind of man would be willing to stick his arms up to his shoulders into the body cavity of a dead animal and rip its guts out but shy away from a bit of blood? A weak one. Weak, Noah was not.

He dipped some cotton into the antiseptic and dabbed it on her foot, and followed by bandaging it. "I think that might be better." He did not want to sleep on the couch, in the main part of the house, but he did not have another window or even enough boards to block it up for the night. "If we hang this canvas on the wall in your room you should be fine to still sleep in there." He was not telling her what she had to do, but simply giving her the option. She did not have to sleep out here, with him so close, if she did not want to.

NOAH
Delphine Mountrose

POE - Regular - Galah
Change author:
Delphine
Delphine shook her head. "That's okay. It's warmer by the fire. I can bring my blankets and make a cot." Though she was well-aware she'd be warmer snuggling him on the couch, she didn't want to take up space.

She didn't want to be a burden, even as she let the man handle her foot. "We can work on patching everything tomorrow, when it's sunny." As sunny as it could be, anyway.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
When he finished he leaned back on his heels, sighing. He could feel the exhaustion set in his shoulders, and he did not have any energy to keep his point persistent. She could do whatever she pleased, sleep wherever she wanted. He rubbed his cheeks and scratched at his beard some. "We need to make sure to keep the fire stoked up and warm. I'm pretty used to just sleeping a few hours and coming to check it anyway. It's a habit I don't think I'll ever break. But if you're awake, you can add to it, too." He stood up. He knew that the blankets in his room would be ice cold because of the broken window. He would need to use some of the ones that he had always kept stuffed under the couch.

Taking the canvas, Noah also grabbed a few nails from a jar and a hammer from his work table. He set to hammering the canvas over his door, rather than hanging it in the second bedroom to cover the crack. If she was sleeping in the main room, like him, then the canvas just needed to keep the cold from his room from seeping out. Once it was nailed in, the took the rest and shoved it into the crack under the door as much as he could. When he turned back to her, his eyes were drooping some with the feeling of tiredness. "We should sleep; you're right about tomorrow." He walked over to the couch and pulled blankets out, taking them and shaking them out and placing them on the couch. "Stay warm, Delphine." He meant the statement, no matter the implications.

-FINISHED.

NOAH