I can only bear the scars
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
While Weaver apparently wasn't convinced of the threat the Ascended posed, she was at least willing to listen; Morgan nodded and settled back in her chair, ready to present all that she had discovered in the last months.

"At first, I was willing to wait and see what these Ascended were like. After all, our world has undergone a lot of change very quickly...I have accepted that the Outlanders are as good or bad as any Natural." She shrugged her shoulders: she still felt Naturals were better suited to ruling due to their presumably more in-depth knowledge of the land, but Outlanders were not inherently any worse than Naturals for all other walks of life.

Morgan took a breath and shook her head, looked off to the side. "It was when I met one of the Ascended that I first became concerned. Wessex, her name was: she seemed completely, fanatically devoted to The Voice, even when this Goddess strips from her followers their pain, their sensations, the need to eat and drink: she makes them..no longer human. I saw the same fanaticism in Neron. It's like once they're in her grasp they become something else, something only devoted to her." This had clearly unnerved her. Morgan rarely spoke in tones less than completely confident but now she sounded wary, almost scared.

"Already I was worried about this devotion to a Goddess we could not know the motives of, but then it grew considerably more concerning. I met people from the Hollowed Grounds, where the Ascended have been active for some time. They told me of the Blight, a disease the Ascended caused that ravaged the land and which they do not seem to be particularly apologetic of." Morgan had not heard all the details of this event, but from what she knew many had been seriously ill and there had not been only a few deaths. She would not have the same happen to the Citadel.

"Then I learnt that they have made a shrine in our mountains." Her teeth gritted together. The mountains and tundra had always been her sanctuary; the thought of the Ascended coming to claim it as their own sickened her. "With their promise of power and resistance to the cold...I worry they will be very well set to stage a slow takeover of our people if we let the situation go unchecked."

So, now to the action she was planning to take: Morgan met Weaver's eyes evenly, wanting this to be very clear. "I am planning to destroy this shrine at the beginning of Flowerbirth. I have the backing of a general from the Hollowed Grounds as well as that of a well respected woman in the council there. I know there are people in this Citadel that will assist too. ...Would you stop me?"
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-18-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-18-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-18-2020, 03:44 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-19-2020, 09:04 AM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-19-2020, 01:14 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-19-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-19-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-20-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-21-2020, 01:35 PM