I can only bear the scars
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 34 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer
Weaver doesn’t interrupt, letting Morgan tell her everything she has learned. A slightly different take on Wessex than Weaver has, but not vastly so. It is clear enough that Wessex was made a demi-god for a reason, and she’d found that Sam was rather devoted to his ‘Lady’ as well was being the key word. She has heard of the blight too, though her understanding was that The Voice had been the direct cause, though that didn’t leave her children guiltless. She knows too of the shrine, though has never particularly cared. Still, she does listen, and she doesn’t simply dismiss Morgan.

At the question, she meets Morgan’s gaze just as evenly. ”No, though I am going to ask you to wait. I would like to challenge you to dig deeper before making any decisions. This is not a war on a battlefield. This is a game of chess, and stakes are the people of Halo.” She pauses on those words, making it perfectly clear what she thinks of that. They cannot act rashly.

”I am friendly enough with Wessex, and I do not get the impression that takeover is what the Ascended truly want. Not specific to any one land, anyway. I think the threat is larger, and not solved by bringing down one shrine that they will simply rebuild and retaliate against us for. I believe The Voice likely wants to replace our Old Gods, and perhaps turn all of us into her followers as well. I have no particular issue with them becoming non-human. That is their choice. I do take issue should that choice be forced on me.” After all, she really likes sex and booze. She likes to bleed and feel the pain of those wounds.

She shifts in her seat, reaching for her glass of whiskey to take another sip. ”From what I have heard, the Blight was caused by The Voice herself. What I am not sure of is whether or not she started it because the Fae resisted her or simply because she could. Regardless, to show aggression to her by destroying her shrine is to ask for her to do the same, or worse, to Halo. And what have we gained in all that? Nothing but more pain, which we cannot afford.” They have no guard but untrained hunters right now. They have no gate, no real fortifications.

”So this is what I would ask of you. Wait. Learn all that you can. If you have not spoken to him, Jigano from the Hallowed Grounds is a good place to start. Do not continue to tell people what you plan to do, or even how you feel about the Ascended. At least, not too much. Find out if destroying a shrine is really going to do any good at all, or if there is something bigger here that we need to consider, with the help of others. Once you have done that, bring what you learn to a cabinet meeting and we will discuss. If we do choose to destroy the shrine, I would prefer we make it look like an accident, which should be easy enough. What I suspect is that we need to think a little larger, and prepare ourselves for a potential war. Is that an agreeable plan?” If not, and Morgan chooses to ignore her, there would be yet more people to consider exiling. Weaver would really rather not.

”Besides, I have recently learned that we know the location where the cultists found mage glass. A wall of it, apparently. I would like to bring you and Loren, and likely one other, into The Fangs to investigate. I believe this is a more important task, as we do not need so much mage glass falling into the wrong hands.” Those hands might include the Ascended’s, though without Neron or Zariah, they may need Wessex more than Morgan will like. Perhaps Jigano wants to go on another adventure.
WEAVER

Messages In This Thread
I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-18-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-18-2020, 03:29 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-18-2020, 03:44 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-19-2020, 09:04 AM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-19-2020, 01:14 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-19-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-19-2020, 07:29 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-20-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Weaver - 05-21-2020, 01:35 PM
RE: I can only bear the scars - by Morgan - 05-21-2020, 08:34 PM