with a sense of poise and rationality
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren raised his eyebrows at Neron. "We are two incredibly powerful mages. I am sure, if we wanted our drinks room temperature, or hell, even mulled, we could figure something out." It was a weak attempt at humor and lightening the mood, but that was all he could manage these days.

Nodding, the healer scratched the back of his head. "I know. But you might not have a choice this time around." His voice was soft, and his expression had grown sad.

Looking up, he pressed his lips together at his brother's words. "You brought death and destruction to their home. Intentionally or not, that is a hard thing to swallow." Loren shook his head. "I'm not asking you to like it. Just...please try to see things from their point of view." Surprisingly, he wasn't above a bit of pleading. Or maybe it wasn't that surprising, given what he'd been through.

Eyes narrowing slightly, he gave Neron a firm look. "Leave Morgan to me. While I'm pretty sure she'll be satisfied with you no longer being Warden, she owes me a life debt, and I'm not above knocking sense into her by any means necessary." Taking a long sip of the wine, the healer cleared his throat awkwardly. "So what? You don't have to be a lawyer. You are free, as strange as it sounds, freer now than you ever have been in a lot of ways. Do what you want, and go where you will. Or, well, when the snows lift at least."

Then he looked down, features growing sorrowful. For a long moment he stood there in silence, unable to meet his brother's gaze. "But...I would like you here. With me." The healer closed his eyes and added, much more quietly, "I know I don't have any right to ask that, and it's incredibly selfish under the circumstances. It's just...I don't have many people left."
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-18-2020, 08:36 PM
RE: with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-20-2020, 01:02 PM