with a sense of poise and rationality
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. "We don't." It came out in a blunt and unhappy tone, and he took a long drink from his wine. "But I've pretty much been an outsider my whole life. You get used to it." It didn't ever hurt any less, but it turned into a familiar pain.

"Thank you." It came out as a breath. For a moment the careful control he had on his emotions slipped and his expression grew grief stricken before he slipped on a neutral mask again. Still, some of the tension had eased out of him. "I'm still the Grand Healer." He watched Neron's reaction to that bit of news carefully.

Pinching his nose, the healer nodded. "That's fair. But they didn't. I was certain they weren't going to make any decisions about your fate that night. It literally didn't occur to me that you'd be in any danger." Lowering his hand, he pressed his lips together. "Even if you were, you are an Ascended and one of the most powerful mages I've met. You would have been able to hold your own if things went sideways."

However, in the end, he just gave his brother a look that was equal parts helpless and hopeful. "Look, maybe I fucked up then, but I'm here now. And I will help you, whether you want it or not." Loren's posture had grown ramrod straight, and his chin had gained that stubborn bent he got when he wasn't willing to budge on something.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-18-2020, 08:36 PM
RE: with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-21-2020, 09:22 PM