with a sense of poise and rationality
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Biting his lip, Loren looked away, not able to meet Neron's gaze. "Because my upbringing has left me with an almost crippling need for validation and approval." The healer didn't sound sad about that, just matter of fact.

Scooting back until he was resting his back against the wall, he kicked off his boots and pulled his knees into his chest. "They can be." Following his brother's gaze, Loren stared out the window as best he could from his position.

Shaking his head, he shrugged a bit. "Some of them. Some of them are of the cultists I killed, or the guards I failed to save. Some are from the other monsters I've faced."

Taking a deep breath, he let his head fall back until it hit stone. "Most are from the cells they tossed me in growing up, though. Or...elsewhere in the compound." Despite his best efforts, his voice wavered on that last comment.

"Don't worry too much. I've been dealing with them pretty much my entire life. A few more added to the mix isn't going to change much." This time, at least, he managed to keep both his tone and expression neutral.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-18-2020, 08:36 PM
RE: with a sense of poise and rationality - by Loren - 05-24-2020, 03:24 PM