Begin at the beginning
Weaver Hale
the Scythe
Warden of the Citadel

Age: 33 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Kyra Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer
Call her choice of seat a power pose if you want. Weaver is just being Weaver, and she has never been the type of girl to sit pretty. His words bring a wry smile to her lips though. If he’s trying to offend her, he’ll have to try harder. If he’s trying to amuse her though, it does work. ”I will be lucky if that is my legacy, I suspect. I believe I mentioned Warden’s are short lived here. I do not think I will be the exception.” It’s a rather cursed job. And besides, he’s not wrong. She’s a hunter and a barkeep, not a ruler.

She doesn’t answer the question about how long she has though, because it’s clear he’s going to tell the story. As he talks, she simply listens, nodding on occasion to show she’s understood and to encourage him to go on. Not all of it is new to her, as Loren has told her some pieces (the parts that were his to tell). She is a little surprised to learn that he knew of Jace, perhaps, but in the end, maybe it doesn’t matter that he knew. In the end, she simply needed to know what happened.

When he finishes, she doesn’t offer comfort or pity at his comment of a cheerful little tale, only, ”Thank you for telling me.” There is no point in offering anything else. She cannot change his past or make it better. She will not pretend to try, and besides, that is not why she is here. ”There are a number of questions I would like to ask you about Halo, but first, I assume you would like to know what is to happen to you. I also assume you are hungry.” Start with the important things, and they would get to the rest.

”How long can you go without eating? I am not particularly inclined to let you go wandering into the Tundra alone to get to the shrine, but perhaps Wessex can come assist.” Little does she know the demi-goddess has already popped into Halo, so perhaps he will not need to wait long. Unless Wessex decides to let him starve. ”Second, the people do not cry for your blood too loudly, so there may be some leeway for you. But tell me, what do you even want, Neron? Do you want to stay and help, try to make some place for yourself here? Or would you rather be done with this place?” She’s not sure what choice she will make in the end. Loren has asked for mercy. Korbin has told her not to be too lenient. Though it is her decision to make (would be it were not), if he simply wants to leave and never come back, then it is an easier decision.
WEAVER

Messages In This Thread
Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-19-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-20-2020, 07:30 AM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-20-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-20-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-20-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-21-2020, 07:13 AM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-21-2020, 01:25 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Neron - 05-21-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Begin at the beginning - by Weaver - 05-22-2020, 08:56 PM