[SE] can't carry it with you if you want to survive
For Korbin <3
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Waving away Korbin's thanks, Loren just tucked his hands in his pockets. "Just doing my job." Still he felt the tension ease from him a little bit.

Glancing around at the remaining carnage, he took a deep breath. Closing his eyes for a moment, he tried to remain calm and keep a grip on his emotions. When he finally opened them, he was only partially successful. "I can tell you what happened." He hesitated, before finally turning to stare at the block of ice that currently served as their gate.

"The Eirachi destroyed the Palace, no doubt because she built it for Neron in the first place. Morgan, Zariah, Weaver, and I all began by helping get the people into the Arcane Academy, where they'd be safe." He shivered with remembered terror. "Morgan and Zariah split off to check out the gates. I don't know exactly what happened then, but by the time Weaver and I got here, the cultists had broken through." Nodding at the block, he glanced at the Overseer to see how he was taking all this.

"Zariah had set up a...field of lightning, to prevent the cultists from breaking through. Morgan, her soldiers, and I charged through it, while Zariah and Weaver stayed behind to attack from afar." Biting his lip, he tried not to let tears spring to his eyes. "Morgan and her guards engaged the main group while I went for the leader. I...I killed...him. I killed all of them." His voice trembled on that part.

Looking away, he tried blinking away the moisture from his eyes. "Morgan and her guards were wounded. I went to heal her, and by the time I finished, the remaining cultists had...I couldn't...couldn't save the soldiers." He bowed his head ashamed. "At least I avenged them." That came out quietly, barely above a whisper.

"Then the Eirachi showed up. I think you know the rest." He hugged his arms to himself, unable and unwilling to meet the other man's gaze.
you are lost, hope is gone
but you must go on
Loren
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] can't carry it with you if you want to survive - by Loren - 05-20-2020, 03:23 AM