This whole transfiguration thing is such a chore
for Amalia
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel
How can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
At first Sam stiffened as Jyoti wriggled onto his lap, not expecting the sudden contact from the little whale, but after a moment as the starlight began to emanate from her he softly sighed and gently stroked her head, letting her stay on his knees.

He let out a quiet, bitter laugh at Amalia's hesitant words, unsure if they were meant to be a joke but finding the idea of the Old Gods being fond of him at all quite funny. "I d-don't expect them to. Ever. I was hoping th...they might he-help me out of sp-s..spite to the Voice, not love for mmm..me." He wasn't naive enough to believe any of the Old Gods, proud and fickle as they were, would want to cure him simply because of who he was.

How to start with what happened? It was a culmination of months and months of small thoughts, things he'd not dared to voice for a long time, minor irritations building up. "...I...c-can't talk about all of it. I still don't...want t-to put...put Ascended in any harm." He hoped Amalia wouldn't be too offended by that implication, but she was 'the shield of Safrin', hopefully she would see why he was hesitant to tell her about the Ascended business.

"...But...ba-basically, the Vo-Voice put me in a po-position where I was against all..all the other Ascended, and she made them all stop d-doing something they wan...wanted to, because I disagreed. So everyone is ma-mad at me." He sighed, pushing a hand through his hair. "I d-don't know why she did it like that. It doesn't make sense. Anyway...after th-that, I was already feeling hurt."

He held out his gloved hand, wondering if Amalia already knew of it's significance. "Then...D-Deimos asked if he could have an up...upgrade and some fluid to protect the C-college from monsters. I said yes..he t-took my fingers, but he made me this." Sam wiggled his new fingers, smiling weakly to try and show Amalia that he didn't hold any ill will towards her husband. "..The Voice called me t-to see her. She was mad. That I gave that to D-Deimos, even though it would help people. And I just..everything just c-c-c-came out. All the things I was m..mad about, or confused, or--" With a sigh, he shook his head, still unsure if this was all a terrible choice.

"...She said I could t-take a break from her. I should've known then...what she was doing t-t....to do." Sam's hand slowed on Jyoti's back and he stared off down the street, in the direction of the Voice's shrine.
The blind man sleeps in the doorway, his home
If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won

Messages In This Thread
RE: This whole transfiguration thing is such a chore - by Samuel - 05-21-2020, 09:14 PM