Sound the alarm [OPEN]
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Edrei
fuck your ribbons and your pearls, I ain't just a pretty girl.

Yes Edy was basically dead, but she was also determined as all fuck not to end up completely dead. Like Wessex.

Tear-tracks stained Edy's cheeks, interrupted only by bloody smear-marks. The Launceleyn-girl's clothes were a dark maroon now, and even still blood continued to trickle out of her side despite the pressure she was trying to apply. The world was growing dim and hazy, but if it would just fucking quit spinning Edy was pretty sure she could make it.

But it wasn't stopping, it was spinning faster, and fuck it would just be nice to lay down in the street.

But Ronin needed to know about this. Maybe as a bounty hunter he wouldn't care about it, but even though he'd given up his title as captain, that blue-eyed fucker cared. That, and Edy was part of a family with a hierarchy, of which she wasn't at the top. Letting someone else make the decisions had been ingrained in her, and as she and Loren weren't currently on speaking terms, that basically made Ronin her go-to.

Stumbling to the door, Edy heaved open the heavy wooden panels with her last ounce of strength and collapsed just inside.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Given the late hour, one might have assumed that Ronin would be winding down for the night - but old habits didn't die, it seemed, and he was still pottering around the ground floor of the guildhall. He'd just hung the portrait of Safrin that he'd sketched above the hearth where the fire was crackling merrily and suffusing the building with warmth, and now he was seated at one of the largest tables. Before him lay a variety of salvaged weapons, Ronin doing his best to get them into working order.

Then the sound of the doors opening in the foyer echoed in to him and the ex-captain was on his feet in moments, blue eyes flashing dangerously. He positively prowled to the entrance way, though his demeanour utterly changed at the sight of Edrei. All colour drained from his face and he stepped quickly to her side, taking quick stock of her injuries. With a sinking stomach, he swore he recognised them. "What happened, Edy?" he asked quickly, already drawing his shirt up and over his head so he could fold it and apply firm pressure to the wound in her side.
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST
HEALING HAS TO BEGIN IN THE PAST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edrei

The world spun and fogged. When Edy next opened her eyes, all she could see were blue eyes and then a scarred chest. Inappropriate though it might have been (and actually it probably was a good sign), Edy smiled shakily and tried to give the captain and smoldering smile. "Mmmm is this my one last wish before I die?" She tried to purr, but just ended up coughing, which turned into a sputtering fit of mucus and blood.

Wincing, Edy tensed and tried to get her breathing under control as she pressed a hand over her wound. "Spire thing. Just...it just appeared. It..." Swallowing and wincing as a flash-flood of pain rolled over her consciousness, Edy let out a long moan through gritted teeth. "it....Ronin it killed someone.."
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin's smile in return to Edrei was strained at best, but if she was making filthy jokes then at least she could still see him. Carefully he got her onto her good side, pressing his shirt against the deep lacerations and holding it in place. "You can admire my body when yours isn't bleeding so much," he told her warmly, though all colour drained from him at the mere mention of the Spire demon. Ronin it killed someone.

The ex-captain swallowed hard, something uncertain flickering over him for a moment before he seemed to snap into action. "Vanya!" he called through the foyer and into the guildhall proper, in the meantime slipping his arms beneath Edrei to carefully lift her from the floor. She was a slip of a woman and it wasn't difficult, but he was very wary of her wound and the amount of blood she was losing. "Edy's hurt - a healer!" he continued to call as he took her into the hall, setting her down on one of the larger tables so it was easier to see to her.

Over their heads they would be greeted with the sight of an ospey soaring down and out of the doors - his lady wasted little time. "We'll take care of you, Edy, alright? Who... who were you at the Spire with?"

{Control of Vanya granted by Jaecarys}
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edrei

"So...bossy.." Edy groaned, eyes flailing open as he applied pressure to her side. " I like that in my Sword.." She croaked through lips that were starting to froth with blood. As he lifted her up, Edy tried to sling her arms around him, flash him a seductive smile, or perhaps even kiss his cheek, but instead she merely flopped all but lifelessly in his arms.

Again as she was placed on the table, Edy's boned sunk into the wood in a way that suggested almost all of her energy was depleted.

Who?

Edy's mind was a fog. A fog filled with daggers that stabbed at her every time she tried to breathe or think or move.

Her name was...

Edy's eyes flashed open, tears streaking down her cheeks but not because of the pain. That bitch had died, and her death was probably the only reason Edy was still alive, and Edy didn't even know her name. Gasping for air, Edy looked at Ronin and muffled a sob. "I...I don't know her name. A .. natural...blonde..tall." Gorgeous? Hot? Intimidating and witty as fuck? Those things probably wouldn't help at all, and though they were the sorts of things that the teenager was interested in, she was kicking herself for possibly the first time in her life for not starting out with pleasantries.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Of course, her Sword. Had the situation not been so unfathomably bleak Ronin might have rolled his eyes, but instead he settled on a strained smile as he set her down on the table and lit a few lanterns to provide the room with more light. He returned the pressure to her side, using both hands this time, and while it might be uncomfortable Ronin was determined that he would not let the teenager die on his table. "Hey," he said softly as he realised she was crying. "It's alright. We'll... we will fix this, Edy. We'll find out who she was and what happened." It was enough for now, for Ronin, to selfishly confirm that it was no one immediately familiar to them.

The wait for help was agonising, and Ronin spent it trying his best to keep Edrei comfortable and to stop her bleeding out. He kept her talking where he could, with lewd and crude jokes and the odd insult - anything to keep her mind off what had happened and what she'd seen. When Vanya did return it was with a couple of healers from the infirmary. Not Isla, Ronin noticed, and the ex-captain could have kicked himself. However, it did seem as though the two Vanya had brought possessed healing magic, which was a gods damned blessing.

"Okay, Edy," Ronin murmured, relieving the pressure on the wound so the healer could get to it and moving to crouch by the table, slipping his hand into hers. "I'm not going anywhere, alright?"
TALIESIN
SO LOOK, AND CONNECT
WE'RE REFUSING TO RUST

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edrei

"What happened was she died." Edy croaked, gulping down a breath and then immediately heaving it out in a dry sob. "It just ... it dropped, or appeared or..." Vaguely her head shook. She couldn't remember. Whether that was because of the trauma or how quickly it had all happened was hard to say. "..If it wasn't for my fire I think I'd be dead too. "

Edy watched through eyes that were open but not really seeing as Vanya appeared with two others. Why are there so many people here? She wondered, completely forgetting that Ronin had sent Vanya to fetch help. As Ronin stepped aside, slipping his hand into hers, Edy tried to give it a squeeze but she couldn't quite get her fingers to respond. It was good timing on the part of the healers, for already Edy's eyes had begun to close as she lazily slid towards the sweet surrender of darkness.

Her lips parted to say something as the healers went to work. Though their magic surged through her, the damage caused by the monster was extensive and the teenager would require rest. With help from Ronin, Edy was removed from the table and relocated to one of the rooms where she could remain for the rest of the night. As it turned out, she'd remain there for a few days, only stuttering out of sleep to shout something about black dicks and bi-racial orgies before passing back out.

It would take time, but at least she'd live.

~FIN