still a woman beneath all this armor
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
How and where to begin? Bending her head to crooked fingers, Wessex pauses for a moment before starting, filled with gratitude for being able to come and do this. “We’re so few,” she begins with a shake of her head, “that it seems impossible to be able to get ahead of the Old God’s followers. And I’m hardly the best at persuasion.” A single exasperated laugh escapes at this - they both know she’s more of a bull in a china shop than a diplomat. “I think we’re okay in Torchline right now, but Halo might be a problem. Neron’s lost the throne and I’m afraid Morgan, or someone with a similar anti-Ascended mindset will be Warden next.” Next-next. There’s no sense in talking about Weaver, it was a moot point now.

She wouldn’t be afraid to challenge said person, but it also might only heighten the narrative that the Ascended were aggressive, power-hungry, etc. “Then there’s Sam. And Nate, who is surprisingly unhappy about Ascending right now.” She begins to pace a bit, back and forth in the small area. “I don’t think I was wrong in insisting on a unanimous decision, but I could have been. We’re not terribly… cohesive. I could see the cracks growing and I think I was a part of it.” Her words to Rex and Bastien hadn’t helped, but she hadn’t been able to be as ‘neutral’ as she’d intended to be. No family agrees all the time, but...

“And… I’m not sure if I’ve done something good for Us or really fucking stupid, by making deals with the Eirachi.”

Yeah. That’s probably a good place to start.
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that

Messages In This Thread
still a woman beneath all this armor - by Wessex - 05-23-2020, 11:36 PM
RE: still a woman beneath all this armor - by Wessex - 05-25-2020, 05:41 PM