still a woman beneath all this armor
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
“I’ve thought that, too. There are a few I know of who aren’t fond of the Old Gods. If we could persuade them to come see you, it might change their perspectives…” It would, of course, require good rolls, which Wessex can’t help mean that the Voice would have to be sympathetic to the Abandoned, and the Wraith wouldn’t dare to tell her that. Little does she know that Weaver might have been a good ally, but that ship has unfortunately sailed.

She knows that Evie and Rory are less sold on the Old Gods. Hotaru might be persuaded, and maybe some in Torchline. Who knows. Everything is food for thought right now in her very full brain.

Brightening unexpectedly, Wessex remembers something. “I’ll pass it on to Amun.” The potter had agreed to help turn minds and paint things in a better light. “Ask him to seek out Natural Abandoneds.” They, not Outlanders, were the ones with true heavy feelings against the Old Gods. A little nudge in another direction, a little favoritism and they might be on to something.

As for Sam, well, he doesn’t deserve to be bright. “I don’t understand him,” she confesses quietly. “I’d always thought him a bit of a liability; gullible and unable to say no, unable to think things through and see the consequences of his actions.” Her hands clench a little at her sides, determined not to go on a rant about the insipid man. “But this is -” Unexpected. Unwarranted. Just plain idiotic. And dangerous to the rest of them, if she has any idea about exactly who he’ll run to. If he ends up as a shell, it’ll be exactly what he deserves.

“I’m sorry.” She finally concludes, meaning it. There’s a kernel of doubt that gnaws at her, wondering if she might have prevented it - but it’s only that, a kernel. It will not longer long, especially once she hears what he's been saying. And it’s time to stop talking about him - he’s doubly dead to her now.

“I wonder if people have trapped it, somehow.” What could make a spirit like that suffer other than some sort of entrapment or no one to worship them?? “Are there other seasonal spirits? Gods? elsewhere?”
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that

Messages In This Thread
still a woman beneath all this armor - by Wessex - 05-23-2020, 11:36 PM
RE: still a woman beneath all this armor - by Wessex - 06-03-2020, 06:04 PM