just a hole where my heart used to be
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
He looked a weary shadow where he stood. The light of day was dim and wan, clouds blown like tattered rags over a sky where blue only shone through upon occasion, and in this house where most of the roof had caved in, the gloom lay heavy. Charred beams of precious wood was strewn all about, black as the unruly hair and his brothers coat that he still wore. It was too wide over the shoulders for him, as if he had yet to fully grow into himself... and he looked every bit the orphaned child in this moment, though he had done the labor of men for many years.

He didn't move. Hands tucked into deep pockets, he merely gazed about, dazed and unseeing. As Kiada entered the ruined room behind, his shoulders tensed. But he didn't turn to look at her. It was a long time before he said anything.

"'Us against the world'. It's what she told me, when she finally came home from the healer's house." Korbin sounded tired, and he spoke quietly. Almost as if to himself. "Erebor had been dead for weeks, and she only barely survived. I never thought she would make it. Thought I'd burn both my siblings in the span of a few days. But she lived, and she promised that we would do everything together from now on."

Slowly, he turned where he stood, and looked at Kiada. Briefly, he actually saw her, looked at her like he had before all this. Then pain washed over his expression and he turned his eyes away. Gleaming damp, tears never really gone long.

"I never wanted to do anything without her." The words were pressed out, past a lump in his throat that turned the voice hoarse and rough.
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-28-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-28-2020, 06:51 AM