just a hole where my heart used to be
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
He had expected Loren to be angry. Waited for reproachful words, scoldings and ultimatums. Not this. Not comfort and a hug. Korbin was so taken aback by it that he didn't even withdraw. He just stood there and let himself be held, confused and a bit awkward. Not sure what to do with his hands.

"You're going to get hurt if you keep this up," he warned. "Not everyone can be saved."

The breath of magic ghosting through him did not go unnoticed, and it was still unwelcome. Reaching up around Loren's shoulder, Korbin touched a finger to his neck. It came away bloody, but of the wound only a thin white line remained. "What happened to asking permission before healing people?" he grumbled... but it was subdued. There was no shielding himself from this kind of directness. Did Loren realize that? Was that why he did it?

Korbin gazed long after the knife, to the lonely corner it landed in. It had been Weaver's. Only a small thing, but aside from the Kraai it was all that was left of her.

But maybe it was best to leave it here. Among the rest of the ashes.  

"And go where? I'm not going to the Kraai." Still couldn't stomach it. And there was no other place. The Academy was full, the Palace ruined, the lodges crowded... There was no place for him left here. Korbin had made sure of that when he set fire to the house.
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-28-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 06-03-2020, 01:54 PM