just a hole where my heart used to be
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lonely shadows following me
Lonely ghosts come a-calling
It really was unexpected, and Korbin had to glance down at the other man, puzzled at the sudden amusement. The words Loren offered was an echo of something he'd said before, the first time Korbin had warned about caring too much. It felt like a lifetime ago.

"Fine," the boy mumbled, relenting under the serious look. He couldn't hold the Healer's gaze for very long before it dropped and veered off, to Astra by their legs, brows knitted with tension. The guilt churned within, a sickening weight in his gut that made his knees weak. Or maybe that was just hunger. Korbin started to twist in the grip, to withdraw, but Loren preceded him and let go - well, almost. He wanted to shrink away from that guiding arm too... But he didn't. Couldn't bring himself to. It was weak and it was pathetic, but Loren's simple, stubborn refusal to leave him alone stirred something within. Korbin had no name for it, but it was a different kind of pain. Not quite the same as the rest.

Clearly Loren wasn't going to answer his question, so Korbin had no choice but to follow along blindly. Blue eyes kept darting towards buildings, trying to guess at the destination. He really had no idea though, and soon gave up.

"How did you find me?" he asked instead, in quiet tones. It had been quite the close call...
Thousand voices dead at my feet
Now I'm gone, now I'm gone, now I'm gone

Messages In This Thread
just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 05-28-2020, 12:54 AM
RE: just a hole where my heart used to be - by Korbin - 06-04-2020, 01:05 PM