covers the world in the color of rust
For Oliver
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Oliver knew Deimos' role, or thought he did. The man was their General and held countless events aimed to preparing all of them. While others excelled, Oliver on the other hand seemed to regress. None of his knowledge seemed to help and he never improved.

His words were harsh, in a way, but also the truth. "I understand." He absolutely knew that his inability to act was dangerous, it's partially why he felt so embarrassed about how weak he was. How was he supposed to help others when he still couldn't use his magic abilities properly?

And the next question was unexpected, but maybe he should've thought about it before he spoke. Shaking his head, Oliver continued on, his eyes struggling to look at Deimos' piercing blue ones. "No. I don't..." It was hard to put how he felt into words and at this point, all he could do was try. "This may come out wrong and I'm sorry... it's simply that I feel like I'm not a person who will ever truly learn how to use their magic. I keep thinking that I've finally learned, that a training session went so well that I'll finally do well... and then the next time I just fail so miserably that it feels like I'm back to where I began." It was a childish thing and his softened express reflected his recognition of it. "I.... I think I am improving or I hope I am... just not as much as I should nor in the right areas," So much of his magic had been left neglected and Oliver knew it.

The final questions posed were ones he immediately knew the answer to. It wasn't hard to figure out what to say either, but he could only hope it came out properly. "I want to understand my magic. I want to work more on it, especially alone and with others... and I want to experiment. Figure things out and expand what I do. Push against my boundaries." All of them were things he wanted, but would he be able to achieve them? That was something he wasn't sure of. "I don't want to neglect my earth magic or my illusions... I want to know how to use them." And at this point, it seemed Deimos would no longer be someone to teach him, leaving him with the only option of learning by himself or with other people.
Isn't it amazing
How we can never tell
Who is in an identical hell

Messages In This Thread
covers the world in the color of rust - by Deimos - 05-28-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: covers the world in the color of rust - by Oliver - 06-08-2020, 12:58 AM