Nightmares on a Snowy Lane
Delphine Mountrose

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 10 - Int:
POE - Regular - Galah
Played by: Vee Offline
Change author:
MP: 655
Delphine
Delphine smiled as she accepted his answer. She'd have to decide what they would do. Perhaps they could fit more than just 'staying in bed' into their schedule. She shifted in his hold, yawning, and finally satisfied enough to actually let sleep court her. She'd been evading proper sleep for so long, it was almost like she'd forgotten sleep existed.

Her children had liked Noah, they'd talked about the stew he'd presented them the entire walk home, the first day they met. It was the last thing she'd talked to them about, she was pretty sure.

As she allowed her eyes to drift closed, his forgiveness was the last thing she thought about. If he could forgive her for everything, then maybe the children could too. She hoped they were happier, enjoying life in fabled halls.

Delphine was quick to fall asleep, clinging to Noah like she was afraid he might disappear if she let go. But tonight would have no nightmares, or tossing and turning.
How can I begin again?
How can I try to love someone new,
someone who isn’t you?
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH
I wait and tell myself "life ain't chess,"
She did not have any more words to say, and neither did he. He just laid there, holding her, listening to her breathe. It felt so peaceful to be here, he had almost forgotten the accounts that led up to it. He wanted to forget. He wanted to forget that the world outside was croken and scared, that his friend died in an attempt to save them, that he got drunk and cried and confessed his life to her (though, that part still felt okay). He sighed, half exhausted and half satisfied, and the pain grew in the back of his skull.

After Delphine drifted to sleep, it was only moments before Noah followed her. Throughout the night, the only time he would let her go was when he body woke him up to stoke the fire. Even in the state he was in, he could not let it go out. It was a crime. It was death. They needed their fire. It took him extra long each time because he had to focus harder than normal, but he was intentional even through the pain of his head and the way his stomach threatened to spill everything out whenever he moved, to make sure their house stayed warm.

-FINISHED

But no one comes in and yes, you're alone...