with the length of my blade, let history be written
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
if i let go, would you hold on, would we fly?
is it safer if we just say that we tried?
I know. I know.” He murmurs to Nate as he works. A mess of indiscernible words and cries, and it breaks his heart to hear them come from Nate — breaks his heart that he hadn’t been faster, hadn’t gotten ahold of the person that had done this. But his priorities, for better or for worse, were with Nate. As they had been with Lusea in the active war zone of Korofi. He is with Nate, ensuring his safety, and that’s all Sunjata needs to keep his own spiral from showering down, shoving it into the deepest blackest pits of himself for later. “ek is jammer, my maanlig.” He says again, over and over however many times he needs to in order to try and get through this.

But then there’s silence, one blue eye meeting Sunjata’s darkened steel, a quick scan before he’s pulling Nate to him. Then wrapped. Then in again, trying to absorb the fear and terror that bubbles up inside Nate and trying to alleviate it. He doesn’t think it’ll work, but it doesn’t mean he can’t try.

So he keeps Nate close, feeling tentative arms slowly give into him, a face buried into his neck that Sunjata leans against lightly — trying not to do more damage than he already has with having to carve out Nate’s face. It’s a moment of calm — as calm as this instance could be — where the fear and anger and worry begin to pull from the depths, his jaw and throat tight as he quietly tries to swallow them down again. And it works, almost, not fully until Nate’s sudden and abrupt stance has Sunjata pushed back ever so slightly as he too goes to stand — arms immediately reaching for Nate as the Ascended sways.

But walking it is, and Sunjata helps him to the stairs, fishing out the metal keys for the front section. He goes as slow as Nate needs, before they reach the door and he swiftly unlocks it, walking through it with Haai quick on their heels before he turns to lock the deadbolt. And then there’s only one more flight — for that bed where he and Nate had shared their first vocal ‘i love yous’. He takes a deep shaking breath, letting Nate hold onto him as much or as little as he needs to, until they reach the door to the bedroom — using every last bit of the adrenaline coursing through his veins to get Nate to the bed. And he’s moving again, grabbing a few more blankets to put onto the bed, to give that extra bit of whatever he can to have Nate hide away.

Because he remembers that day in the kitchen, the way when Nate chose to talk how he didn’t want to be seen. And so he gives him that option. Haai hops up on the bed, prepared to give him a sort of wall to lay against, whatever comfort she can muster on her own, while Sunjata goes to stand before Nate again. “Let’s get you out of your clothes, okay?” Because they’re wet, laced with the tinge of burning flesh and Ascended fluid. What he probably needs is a shower or a bath, but that can wait. All he needs right now is to get Nate situated; where he doesn’t have to move, where the Attuned can hold him for however long Nate might need him to.
are we laughing at the danger?
are we dancing after death, you and I?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: with the length of my blade, let history be written - by Sunjata - 05-31-2020, 08:41 PM