under the sun's unblinking eye
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
how do you wanna face it? when the end is so close you can taste it
“Hmmm…. yes?” Granted, we’ve never actually seen it, there’s only rumor and myth. “But not. I don’t think anyone really, truly knows.” I know a couple of people who’d love to find out, though, if only for the adrenaline rush. Chuckling, I add, “Maybe.” I’ll take mine from afar, thanks.

But back to the thing in the Fingers. Ice? Perhaps. I don’t really know what works with lava. She’s probably right about the water - it would just start to boil. “Yeah, might work. Or fire magic and earth magic to force it back. I’d say let’s see if it can be reasoned with, buuuut -” it ain’t worth getting faces scorched off. I shrug. Without any weapons or magic or anything useful, I’m not a good contender for the next group anyways.

We’re gettin’ close to the Hanged Man, and my mind starts to drift towards work things. “You know what LongNight is like here?” I have to ask. She may be in for a rude awakening - or sexual  awakening - otherwise.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
every time she burns to ashes
Raza didn’t seem keen on wandering into creatures’ lairs, which, despite Melita’s predilection towards danger, treachery, and the fringes of idiocy, seemed fair. Some had managed to survive based on strategic, tactical choices in their lifetime. Some bristled and fumed and scraped by, honing their skills in whatever platitude they required. Melita hung in between, more apt to persistence and savagery – so shrugged away the nuances of maybe and nobody knowing. Eventually, someone would learn.

Reasoning with fauna that didn’t want others around had never been par for the course in the youth’s various experiences, between false gods, pariahs, demons, and the like. “Which means we’d have to find someone else,” because she, much like Raza, didn’t have magic. “Something to consider,” she embarked further with the slightest of frowns; herald-summoning only practical in vivid life and death situations, or something they truly couldn’t commit to for themselves. But the honeybee girl would always do what she could – not one to cease and desist.

The topic of LongNight made her head incline straight back towards the older woman, a look of pure innocence on her features. “I don’t!” Not a lie. “We have monsters that attack you if you go outside. What do you have?”
she knows how to rise again
Melita
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
how do you wanna face it? when the end is so close you can taste it
Someone else, indeed. I’m a survivor, an’ I didn’t get to be this way by throwing m’self recklessly into danger. Leave that to other folks, I’m content to see it from over here and listen to the heroes tell their stories afterwards. “We gota few’a you powerful Outlanders. Sure someone can be persuaded into going.” A pause. “With a guide, a’course,” I tack on, neither volunteering though I’ll need a KQ eventually nor denying my involvement in future expeditions. Really just depends on who’s around, I guess. An’ if the Ark is out at sea, then it might jus’ have to be me.

Finally, we turn to happier things, and I chuckle at her enthusiasm. “No monsters here, unless you count th’ usual criminals an’ predators.” I glance up at the sign to the Hanged Man as we draw up to the door. “General debauchery, some smugglin’, an’ more beach parties. We got glowing plankton out in the sea.” I smile. “It’sa good time. Think you’ll like it.” With that, I give her a little salute and head on in - she’s welcome to come in for a drink, but I gotta get to work’ ain’t no one ever stopped drinkin’ just cause the bartender wasn’t there.  

{Fin}