if a tree falls in the forest...
Nephele
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 61 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NEPHELE
Though not nearly so naturally cheerful as Naavi, Nephele is prompted into a small, warm smile at the woman's more than apparent enthusiasm over the idea. It's infectious, and though she would never be the type to laugh aloud and flaunt her joy so freely, it's easier to relax and allow herself the freedom of contentment in Naavi's presence.

"And would you be okay with killing? For the purpose of murder, not for self defense?" It's spoken quietly, but there's no accusation or harassment to her tone. Merely seeking the truth beneath Naavi's spirit, feeling out with tentative fingers the trappings and inner machinations of the woman's ideals. "Even if you were, our people need you here in our home. Far more than they will ever need me. I would prefer to be the one risking my life." Which is perhaps a bit too forthright and revealing about how little she considers her own life to be worth, but it's far from depressing to Nephele. To her, it's merely a fact. She will die for her people, and surely the Ascended will retaliate at some point. All she can hope for is to make a difference before the time comes.

It's always a battle, to determine whether to reveal her exact task to someone. Naavi is someone she trusts, but Ludo's request always seems monumental, beyond the scope of anything she has ever held secret before. After a moment of hesitation and deliberation, she decides it's better to be frank. "Ludo has asked me to assist in removing the scourge of the Ascended from our world. They are a dangerous, volatile threat, and I will not see them harm our people any further."
and I stood there waiting
even as the first drop fell
wondering why the water burned

Table Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
if a tree falls in the forest... - by Naavi - 05-30-2020, 03:52 AM
RE: if a tree falls in the forest... - by Nephele - 05-30-2020, 05:51 AM
RE: if a tree falls in the forest... - by Naavi - 05-30-2020, 01:37 PM
RE: if a tree falls in the forest... - by Nephele - 06-01-2020, 06:50 PM
RE: if a tree falls in the forest... - by Naavi - 06-03-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: if a tree falls in the forest... - by Nephele - 06-10-2020, 07:16 PM
RE: if a tree falls in the forest... - by Naavi - 06-10-2020, 10:23 PM