i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried
korbin
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
Leave my loneliness unbroken!
- quit the bust above my door!
He had taken refuge in the aviary. Huddled in together with the other ravens against the cold, the black bird did his best to avoid everyone he knew. Loren and Kiada most of all. There was only so much he could take of their persistant efforts to keep him 'safe.' No one talked to him here. No one tried to cheer him up or told him how he would get used to it, how the pain would become familiar, how he should press on for their sake, if nothing else.

Korbin heard Noah's thoughts call for him, but did not answer. The raven closed its eyes tightly and tucked the beak in under a wing, trying his best to close it out. Pictures of Weaver floated through his mind. Smiling, frowning, scowling and weary, bright and cheerful, fiercely determined. Snippets of conversation came to him, the fragments of her voice so faint and fragile... He clung to them, desperate to hold on. Refused to let them fade.

Memories was all he had left now. And much as it hurt to examine them - like digging a knife into an open wound - it was all he could do. If he wasn't allowed to join her, then...

But the raven couldn't close off the emotions that leeched from him, like oil tainting pure waters. Dark, heavy, brooding and tinged with pain... It was all the answer the raindeer would get.
Quoth the Raven,
"Nevermore."

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried - by Korbin - 06-01-2020, 06:50 PM