i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried
korbin
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 51 - Dext: 51 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 49 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1325
Noah

The reindeer continued to search for the raven. He was nowhere to be found in usual spots that Noah might had guessed, and so he stood at the bottom of the stairs of the one place that was left, the aviary. It was there that the raging, twisting, curling, deafening emotion of the Hale reached him. His own heart twisted as he was overwhelmed by the younger man's emotions through the bond. He hesitated, front hooves perched on the bottom step of the spiraling staircase. He knew he could fit up the stairs without having to shift back to human form, the winter having taken his rack from his head. He hesitated only because he let Korbin's emotions fill him wholly.

There was silence from his end of the bond as he let Korbin overwhelm him. His own memories of Weaver turned over and over in his mind. She had been a good friend to him, and though his love for her did not even touch the amount of her brother, Noah was grieving as well. Finally, the reindeer climbed the staircase. It was more awkward to move his body around the spiral as a reindeer than it was a man, but his hooves aided him well against the ice and snow. Reaching the top, Noah let out a small grunt. Blue eyes roamed the birds, looking for the blue of Korbin's eyes he knew he kept in the shift. He did not find the eyes, but he did find a puffed-up raven that did not look at him as he approached.

The deer moved, bond silent through his own emptiness in the moment, before finally settling against the wall that the raven he guessed to be Korbin perched on. He curled his legs beneath himself and rested his shoulder against the wall. When he was settled, he finally let his mind fill again. He had no words, he only tried to give some semblance of support for the younger man.

He did not press his own feelings onto him, he did not try to tell him to move on. He rested sentinel: grieving with he who grieved.

Am I a prisoner to instincts or do my thoughts just live as free
And detached as boats to the dock?

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried - by Noah - 06-01-2020, 07:36 PM