i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried
korbin
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
Leave my loneliness unbroken!
- quit the bust above my door!
If only he could muster enough interest to actually hate. Fruitless and barren though it was, even hate would grant the purpose and direction needed to keep going. Love might too, if there had been anyone who had even a fraction of the place Weaver possessed in his heart.

But there was no one he cared about enough. Not even this stalwart hunter who had so much to give. Maybe it was a fundamental difference in their nature. Maybe Noah was just a better person than Korbin. Maybe the raven had never actually been good. Only helping and smiling and being there because it served him.

Even had the glimmer of hurt in the other man been allowed to show through, Korbin wouldn't have been moved by it, save perhaps to feel a vague sense of shame for not being who they all seemed to think. The picture they all painted of him - smart and skilled and strong, generous and caring - it was very pretty, and it would have been nice to be all that.

But he wasn't. And pretending otherwise would let them all down in the end. Himself included.

So what did he want? What did he need, above and beyond everything else? It was so obvious that Korbin was surprised that Noah even had to ask.

"Weaver," came the quiet reply.

And with his sister's name came an echo of the abbyss he stared into, that swallowed him, that he couldn't and didn't wish to escape.
Quoth the Raven,
"Nevermore."

Messages In This Thread
RE: i can't help you fix yourself but at least i can say i tried - by Korbin - 06-01-2020, 10:27 PM